Waterside Guide: The Angler's Pocket Reference to the Insects of Rivers and Lakes Hardcover – 22 Apr 1997
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This fully updated guide to freshwater insects of Britain and Ireland is compiled by Britain's foremost angler-entomologist, John Goddard. With superb colour photographs of both common and rare species, it is an invaluable reference book, offering clear guidance to the angler in his choice of artificial fly.
Every angler knows the thrill that comes from watching a fish rising persistently to take flies floating on the surface of the water. It is with a matching sense of frustration that you see your own imitations studiously ignored by the fish – no matter how perfectly the line is cast. At times like this you long for the kind of expert entomological assistance that John Goddard can provide.
This new edition of the 'Waterside Guide' features the terrestrial and aquatic insects that form the diet of trout, grayling and other freshwater species. It tells you exactly what to look for in making a correct identification, plus fascinating life-cycle, habitat, distribution and emergence details.
What has already become a classic title has now been reissued with updated text and photographs. The majority of the colour photographs that appear in this volume have been taken by the author over many years. They form a unique collection, some showing insects which can only be seen on the wing for brief hours in the season.
For anglers – especially flyfishers – who have wanted to know more about the insects of the waterside, this essential pocket book will add a whole new dimension to the fishing experience.
"Indispensable to the serious fly-fisher."
PETER LAPSLEY, 'Shooting Times' and 'Country Magazine'
"What a goldmine of information!"
TIMOTHY BENN, 'The Flyfishers'
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Arachnids
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Insects
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Fishing