on 30 September 2010
I bought this case for my new Lumix FZ38. It fits in just fine with the lens cap on and the neck strap attached and is soft inside so as not to scratch the screen. I wore it on my belt whilst walking for the day in Scotland and it kept the camera dry, although I did try and shelter it under my jacket a bit when the rain got really bad so can't vouch for it in a constant downpour as I did not want to take that chance with a new camera!

I would definately recommend this case if you want the smallest case possible and are not bothered about carrying any accessories bigger than a lens cloth and an extra memory card.
on 8 February 2011
This case is a very good fit for the FZ45, is reasonably well padded and should be waterproof.
Reports of dreadful smell etc. are either grossly exaggerated or the design has been improved - there is an unpleasant odour if you stick your nose inside it, but why would you? The storage pouch is not waterproof (it's a mesh) or very secure (no top fastening), but is OK for keeping a spare battery and SD card if they're in a box. Generally, the fittings such as strap clips, zips and belt loop seem a little fragile and would need gentle treatment.
For the money it's not at all bad.

Update, 16 March 2011
As feared, the zip tabs are extremely fragile, ridiculously so for their intended purpose. The first time I had to tug on one with any (still fairly gentle) force it broke - it's just a thin fragile plastic for goodness sake! No doubt the other will go the same way...I've put a key ring in its place, which works, but I suspect the attachment on the zip fastener will go next. You gets what you pay for I guess...

Update April 2012
Pleased to say that it is surviving weekly outings with no further damage. A few minor improvements in the materials and design would make it a great buy. As it is, fine for the money if you are careful with it.

Update March 2013
Pleased to say that it's still wearing well - I have changed to a Nikon P510 camera and it's a snug fit for that too.
I'm upgrading this case to 4 stars.
on 16 July 2011
After reading quite a few reviews on this I was a bit reluctant to purchase it although it seemed to be just what I was looking for, alot of the reviews said how much it smelt, but I decided to send for it and make up my own mind about it, I am glad I did, It did smell a bit but only for a short time, and fits my Fuji Finepix S4000 like a glove, really glad I went for it, would recommend this to anyone.
on 6 October 2011
Bought this basically to protect my new FZ45...it is a very snug fit but also allows for the long neck strap to go into the case attached to the camera. Previous reviews have complained about the zip being fiddly and easy to break...well, I have now had my camera away on several short breaks, used the case as it is designed, and can say that there is no problems with the zip at all.

A very soft touch feel, the interior ensures that your camera is kept secure and scratch-free, basically, this bag does just as is advertised. Ohhh and that reported 'foul smell'? Yes there is a faint hint of a smell inside, but unless you are actually using this as a nosebag and not a camera bag, it is not a problem.

Do yourself a favour if looking for a good single-use camera bag....opt for this one, you will not be disappointed.

One final word, I was most impressed by the seller...I received this bag 3 days after ordering. A job very well done!
on 14 August 2011
I bought this bag for a Fuji finepix S2950. The camera fits perfectly. There is a shoulder strap that seems perfectly strong enough(despite what some of the other reviews say) or there is a belt attachment. The bag is very waterproof, I got wet on a country walk but my new camera remained perfectly dry thanks to the bag.
My only problem with this product is the horrible smell that it gives off for the first couple of weeks. I can only describe it as a cross between a petro-chemical works and a road tarers armpit. My wife wouldn't let it stay in the house for well over a week until the stink diminished, so it had to remain on the washing line in all weathers to reduce the smell. Thankfully now after 3 weeks it has an acceptable mild rubber smell.
on 28 May 2014
I recently purchased a Fuji S4800 bridge camera & decided on this case mainly for the price as I did not want to spend much. When the case arrived I was highly impressed, this is a very nice case & the Fuji fits like a glove with no movement & gives it plenty of protection. Obviously to top it off the cost is brilliant, what more could you want.
on 1 November 2011
This product is of very poor quality. I bought this bag about three weeks ago and have only taken it out once, due to the fact that during picking the item up by the main strap to go out the second time I somehow managed to tear the outer body. I knew the outer membrane was quite thin but I expected it could take the weight of the camera in it! The stitching held, it just took the body. For an extra £4 I ended up getting the Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV44 which is a far superior product.
on 19 June 2013
I'm not 100% gone on this case.

I bought it to go with my Fuji S4500. This being the case that was recommended as a companion purchase by Amazon at the time of purchase.

What I don't like about it is that getting the camera in is quite a squeeze. It's fits, but just.

But far more annoying is the front compartment. You can see it in the product picture.

There's no zip or other closing fastening on this and while the camera sits inside the case, it's fine and taught and will retain spare batteries and the like. But as soon as you take the camera out, the case goes limp and out falls your spare batteries or whatever it is you're carrying.

As I use my camera for taking photographs for my blog at pierroad.co.uk I'm around water and I've already lost my first set of rechargeable batteries!

A zip or other fastening would be a welcomed improvement.
on 25 August 2010
Purchased for a Canon SDX20 with a 20 times zoom. Case did smell of petroleum spirit to start with (a strange comment I know) but apart from that it seems to work and was good value for money compared to the one recommended to us at a John Lewis store for £35.00
on 11 June 2014
pretty decent bag, nice pocket on the front, i tend to keep my batteries in there unless its raining etc as its like a net weave on the outter side.

the case itself is strong and well made the strap could be better its quite a rough texture not the best, good for the price and decent bag, abit small if you have like lense packs etc or other things you need to store with a camera, plenty of space for batteries a camera 1 or 2 wires and cards, but nothing else would fit.