- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1525 KB
- Print Length: 566 pages
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01GT454S8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,262,427 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£10.78|
Save £8.48 (79%)
Watermarked Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I loved the style of this novel, told by four different people. The novel captures the gritty real life situations that these unique characters face. The characters all had their individual flaws that I found made them more realistic and endearing. Although I did find it hard to warm to the immature Ray. The story totally sucks you into the New York City world, and I enjoyed being part of this world. I found Watermarked to be a thoughtful read, seeing how your actions not only affect others but how they are seen in others eyes. Sometimes this way of portraying the characters POV makes you lose the overarching storyline, but I enjoyed how I was able to see the characters from views of others and think the author worked hard to keep the thread of the story alive.
I would have liked to have seen more romance develop as this was truly gritty and painful at times to see how the characters muddle their way through their lives, however maybe this would have made the book lose its impact on me. The end did leave me still having questions and wanting to know more, but maybe there is a sequel on its way.
Good, thoughtful read and I look forward to reading more from this author.
- There were times when I felt the writing was circuitous and the author kept using different scenes and events to hammer home the same observations about the characters. I think the book could have been more potent if several of these scenes had been omitted. The last third of the first half and the first third of the second half suffered because of this.
- Ray was pretty much insufferable for me for most of the book. I think her behavior was meant to come across as quirky and interesting but a lot of her actions were just juvenile and sophomoric. She was often self-centered, reactive and aggressive in a way that showed her lack of understanding of boundaries than it did anything else.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
I cannot emphasize enough what a beautiful, poignant, and touching story this is. Maybe it's the slew of addicts that have filtered in and out of my life or my own struggles with... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Justin Bohardt
Watermarked is a book about perceptions, both one’s perceptions of themselves and one’s perceptions of others, how everyone’s perceptions are clouded. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Watson Davis