- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Waterloo Road: Legends [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£10.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The Legends of WATERLOO ROAD
There’s never a dull day at Waterloo Road School. Rarely a day that isn’t interrupted by kicking, screaming, sulking, protesting… and that’s just the teachers. Yet amongst all the behavior and misbehavior are some episodes that stand out for the drama, the excitement, the sadness, the revelation about just – for all the bravado – how human we really are. They are an example of the best of Waterloo Road. The headline grabbing events that have become The Legends of Waterloo Road.
• Waterloo Road students take a school trip… to prison.
• Pupil Maxine discovers the fatal truth about her lover, Earl.
• Career’s Day brings eye-catching glamour to school along with a very arresting copper.
• Waterloo Road joins forces with John Fosters school for the welcome - and riot - of a lifetime.
• While one teacher, Ruby, falls into a drug-induced breakdown, the others undertake a ‘Calendar Girls’ style calendar shoot.
• Young Sambucca faces her final hours surrounded by friends and family.
Starring: Tom Chambers, Eva Pope, Neil Morrissey, Jason Done, Denise Welch, Angela Griffin, Chris Geere, Philip Martin Brown, Shabana Bakhsh, Christine Tremarco, Chelsee Healey, Elizabeth Berrington, Will Ash, Vinette Robinson, Amanda Burton, Robson Green, Zaraah Abrahams, Jenna Louise Coleman, Elaine Symons, Holly Kelly
Created by: Ann McManus and Maureen Chadwick
Produced by: Lis Steele, Sharon Channer, Sharon Hughff , Jane Hudson, Tom Mullens
Directed by: Jenny Ash, Matthew Evans, Tim Hopewell, Matthew Evans, Julie Edwards
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Nothing from series 1 and 2? A big omission there, with most of the quality original characters absent from these "legends".
The eighth episode of series 4 is an absolute classic for sure, but the bumper 90 minute episode that opened that series (which introduced the long-running Kelly family) would make far more sense for inclusion here.
Episode 1 of series 5 is, in my opinion, by far the worst ever episode of Waterloo Road. There was a series of let downs in terms of both cast and the falling through of a new school building off-screen, so it's no wonder that the first episode of this run struggled massively. But why it's included in this set is an absolute mystery. It also appears to be the only episode here to feature original character Kim Campbell, and unfortunately it shows her in the worst possible light in falling for Tom Chamber's silly-voiced panto villain (his character did improve over the next few weeks, thankfully, but there's no evidence of that to be found here). The other series 5 episode included is good but unremarkable, and I'm not sure why it's been chosen here.
It also seems that there are no episodes from series 6 included, and as the Jonah/Cesca story was one of the show's best received storylines ever and climaxed terrifically towards the end of that run, it's an odd omission. The tenth episode of that series, a Grantly-heavy story which also featured Steph's return and a guest spot from footballer John Barnes, would have been a good pick too.
This could have been a nice little set, but unfortunately I don't think it shows off the best of Waterloo Road enough. Buy with caution.