Water Services Management and Governance: Lessons for a Sustainable Future (Governance and Management for Sustainable Water Systems Series) Paperback – 8 Oct 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This welcome addition to the literature on water governance is a timely, thorough, and practical set of assessments of management challenges facing water service providers around the world. The diverse set of case studies, many of which focus on reforms to water supply provision, will be of interest to students and practitioners alike." KAREN BAKKER, Professor/Canada Research Chair, Director of the Program on Water Governance, The University of British Columbia "The anthology makes a very useful contribution to speed up the slow political awakening of reaching universal water services coverage: The lack of water services is in most cases not due to shortages of water, money and technologies, it is rather about poor governance. It provides many different insights from various cultural and political contexts and outlines and explains current changes in the governance architectures of water supply and sanitation." DR. HAKAN TROPP, Director, Water Governance Facility, Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI)
About the Author
EDITORS Dr. Petri S. Juuti is a historian, and Adjunct Professor in the universities of Tampere, Oulu and Turku. Tapio S. Katko, Civil engineer, Adjunct Professor, UNESCO Chairholder in Sustainable Water Services at Tampere University of Technology, Finland. Klaas Schwartz, Senior Lecturer, Urban Water Governance in the Department of Integrated Water Systems and Governance at the UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, Delft, the Netherlands. Assistant Editor: Riikka P. Rajala, Environmental Engineer, Post-Doctoral researcher in University of Tampere, Finland.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Personal Finance > Property & Real Estate
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering