How to choose a tumble dryer
• Vented tumble dryers tend to be the cheapest. Hot air is pumped through a flexible hose that reaches outside.
• Condenser tumble dryers don’t require outside ventilation. They condense steam inside the tumble dryer, turning it into water that can be removed from a reservoir.
• Gas tumble dryers are cheaper and more energy efficient than electric models.
• Heat pump tumble dryers are more expensive, but cost less to run than electric tumble dryers.
• Some tumble dryers are programmed manually, while others have sensors that detect when your clothes are dry. Sensor technology is more expensive but will save money by using less energy. Manual tumble dryers are cheaper but may require much more time to dry clothes.