This was one of the first WASGIG jigsaws we ever did.
I say we because the puzzles attracted the whole family as we solved it and had great fun on the way.
This one depicts a group of happy holiday makers at the seaside BUT why do a couple of people look worried. Nay terrified.. What dear reader has caused this...

Well the simple truth is something happened out in the bay and it's coming towards the beach.... FAST....

These jigsaws always produce a great talking point in our house (Imagine Trivial Pursuit and you've got an idea) and are so attractive to do and there are plenty of jokes to discover that everyone mucks in.
Why?
Simple dear reader the picture on the box is NOT the one depicted.
They use a perspective of one of the characters on the front, in this case the terrorized beach comber on the front.

In this one there is a wonderful day at the seaside- the beach is crowded- everyone is happy BUT why could that look of horror be coming across those swimmers' faces what ever could it be that is approaching the beach- FAST??

That is the fun finding out just what it is and the jokes and sight puns abound.

You have to use about 3 clues to get the perspective to get you going but after a while you get the hang of it.
The Construction.
Robust. The pieces fit together well and the notches are easy to sort into the various types to ease trying. The joy is once done you can put them away and re-vist in 2 years time or donate to the charity shops perhaps?

I've always found this type of jigsaw more engaging than just follow the box. The results always bring a smile to our faces with jokes aplenty.
Heck if you look at the amount produced and how long they've lasted they must be doing something right?

The jigsaw is also available in a 500 piece version too which of course is less challenging.

This will bring a smile to your face, keep you guessing and entertained and you can't say fairer than that can you??
on 19 January 2013
I bought this for a friend who is a jig-saw fiend, thinking that it would make her smile and keep her engrossed for a while.
It certainly made her smile, and she was certainly engrossed- but not for long; it was not as challenging as described, therefore I feel that it was only "okay", as she herself stated.
I would buy similar puzzles from the same manufacturer but for a quite different level of puzzle competence.
on 30 July 2013
I enjoyed the puzzle, but was disappointed with the quality of the card?. Some pieces needed sticking before they could be inserted properly.

On a more general note I would have bought a second Wasgij puzzle when I bought the above puzzle but I would then have had to pay postage/carriage.
on 12 March 2014
This jigsaw is quite challenging and fun to piece together. Have now purchased a 1000 piece one. Given as a gift.
on 28 December 2012
I started and finished this in an evening (staying up a bit late though). Having to work it out from the limited clues certainly made it quite a challenge but I really enjoyed it.
on 29 December 2012
We completed this over a couple of days - would definitely do another Wasgij. We thought it woud be hard without the actual picture but the jigsaw was easy enough to interpret.
on 14 December 2012
Another excellent jigsaw by wasgij, my favourite brand of jigsaw, the more difficult the better. The choice of puzzles is very good
on 9 August 2013
It is great fun working out what is going to happen next in the puzzle and I am quite hooked on them.