on 1 May 2007
I started reading this book with gusto - until I got to the bit where Mum left, leaving Dad to look after the 2 children. it goes on to explain that they go to a childminder and see Mum at the weekends. The last few pages has the older boy explaining some grown up words. Suitable for the situation where the Mum leaves and Dad looks after the kids - rare book and a find for Dads who are in that situation or Mums who have to leave and leave the Dad to look after them.

Well written and well explained - not for separating couples where children are staying with Mum and they visit dad at weekends etc.
on 19 September 2010
when i read the beginning I was hesitant to keep because the story focuses on the mother leaving the home and I felt this would have confused my children about the very sensitive and emotional issue of divorce.
on 26 September 2009
I thought this was a nice well thought out story appropriate for children going through a seperation or divorce of their parents. However for me personally it was the wrong way a round in that the mother had left the children and the family home and the boys were with their father. i tended to read it changing the roles to make it more appropriate for my childrens circumstances but it started discussions where the children asked questions they had stored up.
overall a great book and helpful to explain such a difficult subject in a child friendly manner.
vicki harrison
on 7 August 2015
Excellent book and one of a selection my Mothers' Union branch have purchased for using in schools in our town. They are used when a child needs to read it or have it it read to them by a supporting adult.
on 2 August 2014
I have a massive collection of therapeutic books, it is defiantly one of the best on the market. It's sensitive, humorous and useful that it's the Mum that leaves, as I'm seeing this more and more.
on 1 January 2014
Great book helpful, funny and great to read as a family or read to your worried child. Enjoyed by 5 & 8 year olds
on 20 October 2014
Good story for young children worried things are their fault.