- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Warrior, Magician, Lover, King: A Guide To The Male Archetypes Updated For The 21st Century: A guide to men's archetypes, emotions, and the development of the mature masculine in the world today. Paperback – 8 Oct 2018
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the first review I have written on Amazon. This is the first time I have been drawn to writing a review.
This is a book that needs to be read by all men who want to know what it is to truly be a mature man (and for all women to help them understand their men).
What is good about this book?
1. I love the way Rod Boothroyd has taken what is a complex subject and made it easy to read and implement.
2. The steps for how to become a King, a Magician, A Lover or A Warrior and integrate the positive aspects into our lives (Robert Moore's rendering on the same subject is much more difficult to understand and less clear).
3. The book clearly sets out what the main attributes of each of the Archetypes are.
4. Rod Boothroyd clearly knows what he is talking about as he has worked with men for over 20 years, is a trained psychotherapist and this experience speaks through his words (I have personally worked with Rod and he holds a really strong and heart-centred space).
5. The sections at the end of the book where he goes into shadow work and emotional process work help you to see how you can work through your blocks and shadows.
Overall I feel that this is a great book. I feel it is much clearer and better written than Robert Moore and Douglas Gilette's seminal work.
It is something that all boys growing up need to be taught about. What is it to be a man? Indeed a few days ago I gave a talk about the archetypes to a group of teenage boys. The men present reflected that they had never thought about the question, "What is it to be a man?"
Well, this books guides us into not only what it is to be a man, but how to do it. Excellent. Thank you so much Rod...
Your passion for wanting to heal men and society using this model and group work is evident and much needed.
Explained clearly my personal behaviour patterns and also behaviour patterns I see in other men.
I highly recommend this book to all men(and women).