- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Warfare in Independent Africa (New Approaches to African History) Paperback – 11 Aug 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“Will Reno’s masterly study of African rebellion not only provides an indispensable guide to a chaotic and confusing field, but helps us to discern, through the fog of war, the still misty outlines of alternative kinds of politics that, at least in parts of the continent, are coming to displace the legacies of colonial rule.” – Christopher Clapham, Centre of African Studies, Cambridge University
“In this encyclopedic vade mecum of African rebel movements, ranging from anticolonial and majority-rule insurgents to reformist challengers, from ethno-regional warlords to parochial rebels, the author helps piece together a remarkably comprehensive picture of the dynamics of warfare in the continent. No one interested in keeping track of the convulsions that have swept across Africa can afford to ignore this important contribution.” – Rene Lemarchand, Professor Emeritus, University of Florida
This book surveys the history of armed conflict in Africa in the period since decolonization and independence. The number of post-independence conflicts in Africa has been considerable, and this book introduces to readers a comprehensive analysis of their causes and character.See all Product Description