Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.11

on 15 April 2014
The story is not a bad one, and is relatively well written and easy to read, but the whole "zombie" aspect slightly put me off, and distracts the reader from following the uncovering of the plot. I also found the constant switching of the narration from one character to the next difficult to follow. I would have much preferred one constant, independent narrator in the third person than the non-stop shuffling from somebody's perspective to somebody else's. Overall, not a bad book, but could have been a lot better. The ending is left open, presumably for a sequel...
on 27 June 2014
Interesting story however too many characters used in the first instance (I). The writing technique seemed immature, couldn't really get a handle on the age bracket this was aimed at or was it an author on bad day.
Another intriguing story, which, although gory in parts, has a sound psychological base. Ward Z touches upon the very real sad issues of cancer and its physical and mental terrors, although twisted to fit into a clever and original idea...cancer as something 'more' - I don't give spoilers.

I do like the way this author writes, in particular many points of view in first person, so to give depth, development and realism to a variety of characters.

Overall, a good, entertaining read to spark the imagination and thought process.
on 2 April 2014
An original and different take on the genre.
Loved the characters and you can feel the rise in panic as the book progresses.
Not read any Amy Cross but by looking at her other titles it seems that this is her best by far.
Could make a great film.
Negatives about the book is their is a bit of repetition between Cassie and her daughter, with Cassie constantly telling her ' it'll be ok'.
The daughter is described as having the intelligence of a 12 year old but her mother chooses not to tell her about her condition.
Only a small gripe, buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 8 January 2014
I am so sad to finish this- carried my kindle around with me snatching every moment to read this. Don't agree with giving away any of the story in a review - just get it and enjoy esp if you have enjoyed any other of this authors books.
on 20 June 2014
This really marks a low for me. The first time I have ever failed to finish a book (I use the term loosely in this instance!). I don't mind the occasional medical thriller /zombie apocalypse novel but this is a truly amateur attempt.

Completely non-sensical and disjointed. Supposedly 'proffesional' doctors talking like American streek kids. A nine year girl voicing her thoughts and coming across like an adult. A re-animated French woman somehow escaping handcuffs and chains with no explanation as to how she did it? And as for the main character - a supposedly misunderstood genius - he likes to tell us all the time, but comes across like a complete pillock (how I so wished him to die, but alas, he was still alive when I gave up!).

I would have given it NO STARS but unfortunately this was not an option.
on 14 June 2014
This has got to be one of the best books I have read, from start to finish I didnt want to stop reading this.
on 19 January 2014
Fantastic book. Gripping well written story. It kept me on the edge of my seat. Great characters. Good inter actions between them and the reader. Recommend this book as a must read to zombie fans.
on 11 April 2015
It's hard to find an unusual take on the zombie genre but this is a style I've not encountered before. I found some of it a little predictable but still a very enjoyable read.
on 23 March 2014
I'd not been sure what to expect either this book, but I loved it. It was something different to your usual zombie books, and I flew through the pages. A 'must' read........