Customer reviews

on 20 May 2017
An excellent book. Found it fascinating reading and all the inserts gave a great insight into life during WW2. Very pleased with it.
on 2 March 2011
I am a History teacher and for the past month my year nine class have been doing a project on the home front. The copies of the primary evidence that this book provide are excellent, all of my year nine classes loved them and trying to read the original handwriting. It made the History more real, it stopped been a story for them and became about real people. One of the classes quickly realised that the sources were not original but all them said that did not matter and they thought the book (and the series) was an excellent idea for any them that were going to pick History as a GCSE.
on 11 January 2011
This is an excellent book. It is like your own scrapbook about the war! My gran lived during the war times and I was interested to learn more. This book provides lots of detail and scrapbook cuttings about the war and life on the home front. This book is good for young and old. Great read, high quality product.
on 27 March 2013
This is a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in Britain during WWII. Suffice it to say that his series of books have been called "Experiences" for a reason.

This was the book I was least interested in in the WWII series of experiences, as my interests lie more towards the actual military campaigns, however I cannot fault this book, and I am glad to have added it to my collection. Collectors item is probably the most suitable term to describe this book (and the others), as I understand it is quite difficult to acquire some of the full older volumes (albeit condensed versions are available, with less removable replicas). The book is not particularly academic, so those looking for a more detailed analysis may wish to look elsewhere, but nonetheless everyone should find the book an enjoyable experience.
on 10 June 2011
I bought this book as gift for a friend, he tells me that he has not been able to put it down, he told me that he has recommended it to his friends.
on 29 October 2013
Factual account of life spent on the home front in World War Two.
Accurate copies of genuine documents. Worth Reading.
on 5 May 2016
Beautifully done. Felt so much more understanding with these times. Best book i have seen like this
on 31 July 2014
enjoyed this...quite factual but an easy read