- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
War In The Boats: My WWII Submarine Battles (Memories of War) Mass Market Paperback – 30 Apr 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"The human side of submarine warfare . . . Exciting reading."
A unique book . . . May easily become a military classic.
Reality and intensity are the chief watchwords of this unique and highly personal memoir.
The human side of submarine warfare . . . Exciting reading.
"Bill Ruhe and I were both caught in the early crucible of World War II, both of us in submarines. Here is how it felt. I endorse every word."
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
No photograps, but the writing is so vivid that no picture would be worth a thousand words. A great read, whatever side of the pond you are on.
I can recommend this book to anybody interested in the history of undersea warfare. As good as Hirschfelds book A U Boat Diary.
I cant verify any of the events but thats not important for me. I only wanted to know what the submariners life was like. This book does that job in spades.
Each of the Patrols are retold, with the flaws and the positives of many of the paricipants. Its a very quick read too, I found I'd got to the end in a few days and wanted more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent book, well written, engrossing, and one of those personal accounts that really takes you into the experience of submarine warfare. Read morePublished on 30 Dec. 2013 by Clipper 314
It is just as though you were experencing the events as they happen. A vivid true story, and one of the best that I have read to date.Published on 11 Oct. 2013 by David Aiken
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Americas
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Naval Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Military Life & Institutions
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Naval Warfare
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > History > World History > Maritime History & Piracy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > Maritime Archaeology