Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon 27 April 2009
My 7 year old son is autistic and although being educated in mainstream with support he is struggling with reading. I have always found it incredibly difficult to find books to engage him.

This book was fantastic. The pictures grabbed his attention because the characters faces were different to the usual illustration. Of course, he loved the idea of a farting dog.

Great story, my son loved it.
on 22 April 2010
Both my grandchildren ( Six & Three) thought the book was hilarious. The word Farting just seems to bring out the fun in children, the fact that it is mentioned on almost every page has them doubled up.
on 4 November 2014
Hilarious story and brilliant illustrations. I read this out to a living room full of family on Boxing Day last year when it was bedtime for our children. Everyone was in histerics from the young kids to the grandparents! Brilliant harmless toilet humour. Love it!!! Fast delivery and well packed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 December 2013
Walter the Dog farts constantly. He can't stop. As a result, he is misunderstood, avoided, and disparaged. He faces his life's difficulties stoically, at times even heroically. And he makes a difference to those around him. A positive difference, I mean. You will love him like one of your own.

The theme of this book will provoke gales of laughter from ten-year-olds of all ages. That would be enough to expect from it. But there is more. An important underlying message about embarrassment, courage, and tolerance slowly makes its presence clear. And lingers after the laughter has become silent.

This is a good book. Really, it is.
on 21 May 2011
It may be because my son is only 2, but he really didn't get anything out of this book. It might be more suitable for older children, but I didn't think much of it myself.

I bought the book largely because of good reviews, but the illustrations are really quite strange. The story itself is written with a slightly different style of humour than other books, so it may or may not suit. Again, for us, it just didn't resonate. My son really enjoys books by Maurice Sendak and Julia Donaldson, but this is of a very different style.
on 10 November 2012
Wow what a brilliant story. If you have a child who is book shy, this is the book to help them want to read. The story amuses all ages, from 3 to 90 year olds. I have always believed in Dr Zeus or Funny Bones books to encourage children, now I have Walter the Farting Dog to add to my arsenal. This is a straight forward story, no repetitive sentences, just plain good old fashioned Fart Humour.
on 15 February 2014
I was horrified on opening this book: it concerns the adventures of a flatulent dog. I wasn't wearing my glasses when I bought it and believed that it was all about a chap called Walter going on vacation with his best friend. Now I am frightened to open my new copy of "The Crooked Timber of Humanity" by Sir I. Berlin. What if it is another terrible mistake?
on 1 October 2014
Great book, my 5 year old son loves it as well! Unfortunately he wants Granny to read it too him every time she is over. and 'Walter the Farting dog' has become ' Walter the Windy Dog' when she reads it Tee Hee
on 18 June 2012
My class of Year 4 kids - aged 8 and 9 - thought this book was truly hilarious. What's not to love about a dog who saves the day by farting? After we'd finished reading it as a class, they couldn't wait to read it by themselves. And we had great discussions around the character of Walter and how he feels in all the different scenarios.
Brilliantly colourful and detailed illustrations too.
on 14 July 2012
A good simple message wrapped up in a poorly written, awfully illustrated, and boring story full of terrible messages that over-shadow the good one.

No problem with the gassy content whatsoever but failed to find anything humorous among it. The whole book just seemed like it was trying to hard. If it really does bring a few young boys to reading, great. I just hope they find something more worth their time shortly after they read this.

I won't bother showing it to my daughter. At 2½, she demands much better story-telling.

Indeed, as one other reviewer on Amazon.com points out, this appears to be plagiarism of Dog's Breath by Dav Pilkey. Right down to the climactic burglary scene. Rather disappointed. Pleased it was given to us. I would have felt ripped off had I paid.