Walmart: Key Insights and Practical Lessons from the World's Largest Retailer Paperback – 3 Apr 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Every brand wants to understand how to sell to Walmart; this book empowers the reader to understand the strategy behind the giant retailer and gives the reader a strong foundation to improve their relationship and sales with all retailers. This is not a book for those who want to sell at the cheapest price - it is a book that teaches how to build a long-term branded business." (Phil Lempert, Supermarket Guru and editor The Lempert Report)
"An insightful, comprehensive and well signposted piece of research that will aid the investment community's understanding not just of Walmart but also of food retailers in general and the implications for consumer staples manufacturers." (James Amoroso, President, Consumer Analyst Group of Europe)
"Walmart is a unique book. It combines a comprehensive history of Walmart's methodical rise to greatness with a host of scenarios for its future growth. Must-reading for anyone who wants to know how Walmart did it and where it could be going - in the US and internationally. Roberts and Berg have a done a terrific job." (Brian Sharoff, President of the Private Label Manufacturers Association (PLMA).)
"An incisive assessment of Walmart and its pivotal influence across global retail." (Siemon Scamell-Katz, Founder, TNS Magasin)
Covers key topics, including positioning, logistics, store format innovation, private label, marketing, branding, pricing (EDLP), customer service, profit margins and globalisation
Offers lessons which can be applied to consumers and businesses around the world every day
Includes exclusive interviews with Walmart executives and Bill Simon, CEO of Walmart US
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Berg and Roberts focus on major challenges and issues, explaining how Walmart has addressed them to gain and sustain competitive advantage. For example, here are seven of several dozen covered in the book:
o How to position ourselves during the rise of consumerism?
o How to transition branding to a balance of national and private label?
o How to provide cost-effective reader-friendly amenities?
o How to use IT to increase operational efficiency and productivity?
o How to lower costs by lowering suppliers' costs?
o How to derive maximum benefit from global sourcing?
o How to accelerate improvement of logistics system?Read more ›
I would highly recommend this book to both retailers and shoppers.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Company Histories
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Call Centre Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Distribution > Retail
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Purchasing & Supply
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Purchasing & Procurement
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Customer Services
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Marketing Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Sales Techniques