on 16 July 2017
What a warm and funny insight into the author's life this book gives you! It's an account of how he reluctantly agreed to let his wife have another pet, a dachshund, to add to the (not so) mini pigs, chickens and existing dog they already had. Matt tries hard to treat the incomer with distain after all it is not his dog but he is gradually won over to the charms of this short legged, lovable canine. I snorted with laughter out loud at several of the incidents described (the 'white wine' incident especially, horror and hysteria at the same time!) . A lovely portrayal of a family as mad about animals as I myself am, with the usual initial excitement from children at a new pet with duties for looking after it soon after falling to a parent - boy do I know that feeling!
on 24 July 2017
Such a lovely, funny book. Read it on Kindle myself and then bought the book for my sister, who loves Sausage Dogs but doesn't do Kindle. First book I've read by this author but it won't be the last!
on 15 August 2013
Walking with sausage dogs is very well written and very amusing. I recommend this as a read for anyone especially if you love animals. Do hope there will be more books after this one.
on 22 March 2013
What a writer the best laugh I've had for ages I couldn't put the book down once I picked it up I had to finish it from cover to cover absolutely entertaining. I need to read more of this author. I too am a daccy lover. It was beautifully packed and arrived in excellent condition.
on 26 September 2013
Very enjoyable book - actually laughed out loud at some of the antics of both the sausage and the family in general.

A light read for anyone who is animal friendly and wants a peak into the world of a family with two dogs, four children and some mini pigs! :-)
on 6 January 2017
What a fantastic funny read, his family the dogs and the day to day having two dogs that don't particularly don't get on.
on 12 February 2018
good light reading, laughed most of the way through the book.
on 7 May 2014
Oh I did enjoy reading this book, being a fellow Sausage dog owner.
Easy reading. Easy to put down and pick up again.
Was sorry when I got to the end though.
This is a book that I will keep on my shelf.
on 25 October 2013
OK, I can relate to nearly all that has been said here, a few chuckles, a small size book that can be read casually without having to tead it in any sort of order. I bought this because of a newspaper extract
on 12 July 2016
If you love dachshunds, if you love dogs or animals in general, you will love this book. A genuinely lovely story that animal lovers will appreciate and get! Hercules rules!