on 28 June 2013
i love that this is the same story as beautiful disaster but from his point of view you find your self connecting with both characters because you read both of thier stories i have read them twice and now think all writers should follow suit! i would recommend these books!
on 17 February 2014
For those worrying that you would need to read Abby's version of events first to fully understand what's happening, you don't.

You can tell you have stumbled across a great author when they are able to make you cry, feel that kind of emotion for someone you have yet to form an emotional attachment to. But whilst reading the prologue. Yes the PROLOGUE! I was crying like a baby. On more than one occasion I was reduced to tears.

The relationship between Travis and Abby isn't easy. In some places it isn't even pretty. The budding friendship is great, the steps to becoming more than friends is awkward, yet beautiful. What comes next is messy and emotional and this is one of the things I really love about Travis and Abby's relationship, the fact that it isn't perfect. They aren't perfect. Travis's reactions to some of the scenes are over the top, but when you can see inside his head you can understand why maybe he reacts a certain way.

I loved the epilogue. To see their happily-ever-afters, its something we don't get to see very often and I think sometimes you need it. Now all that's needed is for me to go find my copy of Beautiful Disaster and read Abby's POV.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 3 April 2013
I don't think the wait for a book has ever seemed so long, I couldn't wait to read it I did wonder if that made expectations too high I was really hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. A few pages in I sat with tears rolling down my face as we were shown little Travis three years old when his mother died and I was hooked I loved it. I also liked the epilogue and James and Jessica would make an interesting book.
on 4 April 2013
This is incredible. Simple as that.

The prologue broke my heart, it truly did. It was touching, beautifully written in the sense that it's "simple" from the mind of a toddler but somehow it was more powerful because of that.

I loved Travis in Beautiful Disaster but this takes him to a whole new level. Jamie McGuire is incredible, it's almost like Travis ceases to be a fictional character at some point and becomes real. She has truly gotten into his head and produced absolute perfection.

There are hilarious bits, heartbreaking bits, and most importantly, answers to any questions you could have from BD.

My only surprise, was that although I'd wanted to shake Abby a few times in BD, I adored her and fully supported her. In Travis' mind, I almost didn't like her. I almost felt like he deserved better and on reflection, that's amazing. Two books, same story, different POV and somehow it becomes a flawless contrast, which totally changes your feelings and in doing so, you understand Travis more. you understand his reactions and feelings because hey, in his head, Abby is as clear as mud, whereas when you're in her head, he's just acting a bit crazy!!

I feel like I'm going to be very much in the minority, but I didn't really like the epilogue. It really didn't work for me. There are two parts to it, him and them. The "them" part I loved, the "him" part I hated. (I don't want to give it away to anyone yet to read).

Regardless though, this is absolute perfection and I think even readers who were a bit on the fence with BD would love this story retold through Travis. Wow
on 24 May 2015
I have read all the books in this series but I wanted to review this one in particular because I really enjoyed reading Travis's pov. All I can say is that all the books are very emotionally intense right from the get go but I found Travis story more so than Abby's. They were so wrong and yet so right for each other, but in Travis's pov you really feel his all consuming love and his torment for Abby. At some points I disliked Abby for the way she treated Travis but I had to admire her strength and her resolve to live a better life away from her father. Walking Disaster is a repeat of the first book but entirely from Travis's view point, which I loved and it is very cleverly written in a way that captivates you from the beginning right through to the end. I also loved the Maddox brothers and the relationship they have with their father. Shepley and America are great supporting characters and I am so looking forward to their story. In all this was a really good read but I've given 4 stars because I think all the books in this series are a little over priced for what they are. There are other equally good books out there that cost much less. Also, I think that the sex scenes in the books were a bit too censored; in that with the emotional intensity and connection between the two main characters throughout the book, I felt that the sexual chemistry between Travis and Abby was somewhat lacking. A very good story and definitely well worth reading.
on 3 April 2013
If I could give this story more then 5***** then I would have without a doubt!

This is Beautiful Disaster' s shall I say sister story?? As its not the 2nd book it's the 1st book written through the eyes of the beautiful Travis Maddox

I was so excited to read this book from Travis' s POV as when I read beautiful disaster I was always thinking "God what's going through Travis' s mind"? "Is he crazy"? ;)

This book is so different and perfectly balanced from each POV (I secretly love Travis' s book better----- just putting that out there!) Ha

Even though from the get go I knew what was gonna happen in the story and I think that made it more heartbreakingly gut wrenching crazy (for me anyways) as I couldn't stop the tears flowing.....Looking at it from Travis' s POV is sheer brilliance.

But reading this "sister" book to the "original" book it's liking reading a different story as Jamie McGuire has some very special scene' s and chapters that aren't in the "original" book and I just loved them those scene' s just finished this truly beautiful love story off.

I'll never get enough of Mr Travis "Mad Dog" Maddox and these 2 books I will forever cherish.
on 2 April 2013
I had been counting down the days and months for this book to come out and can happily say it did not disapoint.

Yes it was a retelling of the story from Beautiful Disaster but what a retelling!! Having scenes added to what we knew had gone on on Abbeys side and adding bits that we did not know had happened had me reading page after page and not wanting to put it down!

Travis's family were fleshed out more in this book and I am eagerly awaiting any stories that Ms McGuire writes in this regard. When the book started to reach the end of the story as we knew it I was tentative in turning to the next page so the book wouldn't end and was pleased that where I thought the book would end it in fact carried on past the ending in Beautiful Disaster and filled in the 'what happened next' part from the final chapter of the previous book. This would have been great but, needless to say, the Epilogue that comes after that, from 11yrs later, is a nice touch and can only hope that some of the time that transpired between the last chapter and the epilogue get fleshed out in some of the other Maddox family books.

Only problem now is what do I to fill in the time before the next book!!
on 14 June 2013
I loved Beautiful Disaster and I loved this too! It's really good to read the story from travis's point of view. You fall for him all over again. The epilogue was a bit random and kind of spoiled things a bit by being so far-fetched. But definitely worth reading!
on 17 August 2015
To write a male point of view is almost impossible. I have found myself being blown away by Jamie and what she was able to do. Sometimes its was like reading the first book again, but I got through those parts. Those parts didn't take away from what she managed to do with raw emotion and the ability to make you feel like you were in the mind of a young man who has found the love of his life. Its a nice twist at the end which I will not reveal to you all. I think that if you have read the first book then wait several weeks before reading the second one. Its the only way to truly enjoy the book that she has created. She will blow fans away with the creation she has managed to capture with her words. I would recommend highly that you pick up the other Maddox brothers books for you will want to know what that band gets up too. The hints that Jamie lays in book 2 of her tale with the brothers is more than worth it.
on 7 April 2013
The first thing I would like to say is, if you haven't read "Beautiful Disaster" then please do first before reading "Walking Disaster". If you don't, you will miss out on a lot of the story and certain things will not make sense. The two books go hand in hand.
Before I began reading this, I read some of the reviews. So far the main complaint seemed to be that we didn't get to delve deep enough into Travis's mind. I say, does it matter? I loved this book and I think you have to take it for what it is. It is the same story as "Beautiful Disaster", just from another angle, Travis's angle.
Some bits of the story are missing, (but again, I don't think everything needs to be re-told) and some things were added. We found out how close Travis really is to his father, which we missed out on in the first book and a little more about his mother. We also get to realise that he gets so "out of his mind" drunk, that he doesn't realise what a mess he is making emotionally. Not just to himself but also to Abby.
This must have been a pretty hard book for Jamie McGuire to write, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, lining up the two stories must have been tricky at times and secondly, whatever she wrote, someone wouldn't be happy somewhere along the line. We have all learned to fall in love with Travis and we all have our own ideas about what we wanted from this book. At the end of the day, we need to pull ourselves together and remember that he is a fictional character and he can be whatever we imagine him to be, so don't be too hard on Jamie. Remember, she introduced him to us, after all.
I loved it. I really loved the ending, it was absolutely brilliant. I think fans of the first book with love it. I will read it again and again because its a fantastic story. Thank you Jamie McGuire!