Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 28 August 2014
Another super book by Christina Jones. Billie wants to change her life and starts by getting an old warehouse - though then she doesn't quite know what to do with it. Throw in a neighbouring gorgeous pilot and his plane - but subtract the fact Billie is terrified of planes. Trying not to give any spoilers - but the story of how Billie learns to Walk on Air is an absolute MUST.
It's the best kind of "chic-lit" : light, clever, amusing, without being mushy. But then, Christina couldn't write badly if she tried.
Please, for any of her new readers - do make sure you realise this is the English Christina Jones, not the American one who, I am afraid, doesn't write a patch as well. I can also say, please read the rest of her books, each on is better than the one before, if that is even possible, when you start with excellence.
on 27 August 2014
As with all Christina's books you learn something and are entertained at the same time. This was so well researched and believable. I would go as far to say its probably my favourite so far ! A nice long read, great characters, and great storyline.. give it a go.. you will love it !
on 8 June 2001
Christina Jones has a "hook", something she uses in all of her books. She takes you into a world that you probably don't know anything about - jump racing, truck(lorry)driving, small fairs, etc. Now we get wingwalking! Walking on Air is another wonderful book about a woman who learns how to succeed because of her own strength. To CJ's credit, she makes these journeys believable - she does great research. She also has a very compassionate storytelling style, a way to mix the good and bad in characters - because her characters, like all of us, are far from perfect. As is often the case in her books, there is a main story with very strong parallel stories that are relevant to the main story. I had to laugh, I thought right from the start that Billie was making way too big of a deal about her "secret" - turns out the rest of the characters in the book agreed with me. There's a reason for this and it all comes out at the end - you may think you have it all figured out, but you don't - there are a few twists that you don't see coming (or at least I didn't). One teeny complaint - I'd like to have seen about 4 more pages, just enough to know that all really was well and that Billie would be flying high forever! Another wonderful book - by all means, buy it!
on 21 July 2015
This book took a while to get started and I almost gave up after about three chapters. However once you get into the story it flows along nicely and at least you get to know each of the characters as individuals as well as part of the larger plot. Rueben originally comes across as a creep of the first degree but bear with him .......
on 16 March 2001
My advice - buy this book now. I have all of Christina Jones' other novels and have found this one to be equally as good - even more so as it's based in a world away from the settings of her other novels.
It has the usual main characters from Billie to Jonah - to the many, many others who contribute so much to making her stories such fun to read. I find that once I start one of Christina's books I am longing every day for the chance to sit in my chair and just read and read.
I would advise anyone who has never read a Christina Jones novel - get this one now, then get all of her others (and put in an order for her new one out in May while you're at it) - trust me .... it will be money extremely well spent.
on 26 August 2014
I enjoyed this book. Its fairly light reading. It had a reasonably good story except for the story of Reuben and Billie which I thought was a bit weak until the end. The author could've created more suspicion and paranoia between them to build the story up more. But I would recommend it as a good read.
on 19 March 2001
The thing I really love about Christina Jones' books is that she takes you into so many different worlds - horse racing, long-distance lorry driving, even running a fairground - and this one is no exception. I didn't even know there was such a thing as wingwalking until I picked up Walking On Air, but I have to say I was hooked from page one. Billie is a such terrific character I felt as if I was saying goodbye to a friend when I'd finished. And as for the hero - why aren't all men like that? It's a brilliant, page-turning story, with loads of warmth and great cast of characters. I think it's right up there with her other books. My advice is try it, buy it, read it. You'll adore it and like me you might even learn something...
on 13 June 2015
Christina Jones books are old friends and I seem to have been waiting ages for them to become available on Amazon. They're finally here! Walking on Air is a relaxing and enjoyable read. I like the characters and the storyline which is original and funny and I like the detail that is included as part of the story. If you're looking for a well-written book to lose yourself in, I definitely recommend this book.
on 14 March 2001
At the tender age of 18 I'd never been much of a reader but one day I was given a book by my mother and since then I haven't looked back! That book was "Going the Distance" and I've now read it three times! I've read all of Christina Jones' books and was eagerly awaiting her next. When "Walking on Air" came out I bought it and fell in Love with it! It has all of her usual fantastic bits (will they/won't they romance, brilliant characters, excellent plot) plus wingwalking! I really did have the urge to rush out and don a lycra cat suit but luckily I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and persuaded myself not to! Congratulations Christina on another fantastic story, long may they continue!
on 25 August 2014
This book was such a lovely read that I couldn't put it down. Every time you think the plot is settling and you know what is happening, there is a twist to the tale and you are left wondering what will happen next. I was so gripped that I just wanted to keep on reading.