Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A Walk Through Grief: Crossing the Bridge Between Worlds Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Linda Pendleton's "Walk Through Grief," after the sudden death of the prolific action-adventure novelist, is honestly addressed in this book written over the months and years since her husband's passing. I was impressed with Linda's honesty, awareness of the traditional literature/books on death and dying and her willingness to share her religious views of what happens when a loved one dies.
Pendleton continues to communicate with Don via journaling and automatic writing--likely not devices for everyone, particularly the traditionally religious--but her story demanded that she share that, given her and her late husband's belief that departed loved ones not only continue to live, but continue to grow.
I've read a lot of Spiritualism--the 19th century religion that started, I suspect, with the Fox sisters. I've read some books into the 20th and 21st centuries, and consulted with practitioners in preparation for my book, The Pinkerton Years. I don't write as a believer. But I wish I had spoken to Linda prior to writing the third volume in the W. W. Ronin series of Westerns. Doing so may not have changed the ending, but it would have influenced my understanding of it.
Looking for a good book to address grief? Linda Pendleton's, A Walk Through Grief, may well suit you, especially if you're curious as to whether the dead still live. I'm impressed, not convinced, but very thankful I stumbled on her work.
There's a lot to be recommended in this book, including details of Don and Linda's life after his death. Thanks Linda, for sharing.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Healing
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Death & Bereavement
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Alternative Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Death & Grief
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Families
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Self-Help