- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1560 KB
- Print Length: 408 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Dave Roberson Ministries (20 Dec. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00ARFNII4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 128 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,092 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Walk of the Spirit - The Walk of Power: The Vital Role of Praying in Tongues Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The first few pages were fine, even quite inspiring. But it wasn't long before I started to have misgivings. (Excuse the list.)
1. The author frequently uses the term "the Holy Ghost". This is really more of an irritation than a misgiving. He refers to "the Holy Spirit" as well, and I assume he believes that they are the same person, although this isn't always clear.
2. As I said, he assumes that the reader speaks in tongues, there is no advice for those who don't have this gift, or have questions about it.
For myself, I can't speak in tongues. I am certain that the gift exists and is for today; I have asked to receive it, and haven't. This used to bother me a lot, and I'm certain the devil was happy with that - he could focus my attention on my disappointment, and hint that I wasn't good enough to receive it. Now, however, I am sometimes glad that I don't have this gift, as I can focus on God and not on a dramatic gift. I believe absolutely that tongues are important, beneficial, may help the believer communicate with God and release his power. But I refute the implication that anyone who does not pray in tongues does not know their gift or calling or is just "playing" at it.
3. I am certain there are more than 9 gifts of the Spirit. Reference is only made to 1 Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4. What about Romans 12 and 1 Peter 4 ? What about the OT, where the Lord says that he was specifically giving gifts of craftsmanship to people so the ark of the covenant could be built?Read more ›
Dave has a simple yet powerful way of getting things across and with personal conviction and humour.
Buy this book NOW..Put the instructions into practise and you can never be the same. I am doing so.. and changes are happening within me.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is enspiring. The only way to get closer to God and to really know Him.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I would highly recommend this book. What the author writes is true and biblical. I have experienced some of the things that he describes, but only now I understand them. Read morePublished 4 months ago by O. Vanek
I found the answer to a closer walk with God.Dave Roberson has the unique ability of revealing exactly what is required to live a closer existence in the power of the Holy... Read morePublished 7 months ago by B. B. Shenton
The author has almost no knowledge of the Bible. He started by writing that God foreordained a perfect plan of salvation for all us. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Lopez Sergio Gabriel
I have just started reading this book and hooked. It explains things well and I am eager to learn more about speaking in tongues.Published 10 months ago by BARBARA kYEI
I can't recommend this book enough, it has been the one book that changed my relationship with God and brought me to a place of power, walking in faith, being strong in spirit and... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Angel