- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Walk & Eat Around Nice (Walk and Eat) Paperback – 26 Nov 2015
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This pocket guide to walking around Nice and the Côte d’Azur area is designed for short-break walking holidays using the excellent public transport services. Nice is easily and inexpensively reached by several budget airlines, and the climate makes for brilliant walking and excursions all year round.
• 12 walks, each with at least one restaurant recommendation
• 2 fairly long excursions (1 by train and 1 by bus), with walks and restaurant recommendatons for each
• plan of Nice, 1:35,000 topo maps, area map
• recommended restaurants with price guide, sample menus, photos of décor and dishes
• recipes for local dishes
• glossary of menu items and local food terms; restaurant mini-vocabulary
• local transport details with timetables and websites
• local markets and speciality foods
• gluten- and dairy-free resources
• online update service
Besides Nice itself, the book describes walks and excursions in the most beautiful coastal and inland areas easily reached by public transport – from the Esterel in the west to Cap Martin in the east, and from the coast north to the Alps.
Even ‘non-walkers’ will appreciate the large-scale plan of Nice centre, descriptions of the sights, and recommendations for restaurants in Nice and places like Cap Ferrat, La Turbie, Menton, Théoule-sur-Mer. For each suggested restaurant there is a photograph of the décor and one of their dishes, a sample menu, price guide, opening times, and a recipe for one of their specialities.
Other sections include: planning your trip, logistics on arrival (especially how to use the local transport), local markets and specialities, glossary of local food terms, and a restaurant mini-vocabulary. A special feature is the emphasis on natural local foods suitable for those with food intolerances. All recipes have been made by the authors and are known to ‘work’.
(Important note: All of the 12 walking routes in this book are included in the same authors’ Landscapes of eastern Provence (which has 36 walks), so do use the ‘Look Inside’ facility to compare coverage in the two guide books.)
Just discovered this gem of a book while on holiday in the Côte d’Azur – this book was a revelation – it provided just what we wanted: walking routes around some of the most attractive coastal and inland locations near Nice. On top it gave some great tips about restaurants along these routes... Walk/Eat is a niche book; great format, easy to use, light to carry on walk, usable maps. (CG, Amazon)
Fantastic!!! In a nutshell – if you want to explore this little area of France, then this is the book for you. If you are happy to embrace the locals and have a go at speaking French, then this is the book for you. If you are up for giving local transport a go, then this is the book for you... If you want to sit in the cafés and bars along the coast, then it isn’t the book for you – just buy yourself a phrase book! (SA, Amazon)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.