on 24 March 2009
I had to get some kind of clipper set quickly as I was beginning to look feral after my last one broke. This one was cheap, and didn't muck around with a load of fiddly la-de-dah extras that would have lain unused at the bottom of a box.

It's heavier than I thought. Not that I noted the weight in the description, merely in comparisn to the last one I had, it's heavy. The vibration can be felt, but after only using it once I feel that "getting used to it" offsets any debilitating effect that could exert on ones performance with it. Still, those two aspects are all that prevents a full five star rating, and I'm stingy.

It works a treat. No mucking around jiggling it as hairs get caught in the mechanics of it, it just goes on. It appears quite a simple design, without a load of exposed mechanics to get mangled by errant hairs anyway.

It's purely run by being plugged in to the mains. No charging up a battery. Which works for me, as those charging types have let me down half way through shearing myself and left me looking like that bloke from "28 days later".
on 7 February 2015
I have afro-Caribbean hair. This might be a one -off, but after adjusting the settings several times, it still wasn't cutting my hair. The only reason why I bought this one was to replace my old Wahl Homepro clipper. I do rate these clippers. Maybe I was unlucky and got the one bad one in the batch!!
on 5 July 2015
At this moment in time I've only used it once (to shave my sidecut) and it worked perfectly. I've never used a clipper before so I can't compare it, but it did feel heavy in my hand and it seemed quite loud to me. Cut the hair well, just like it should, no problems there. I used it without any attachments because I wanted the shortest hair, but I underestimated just how short that was haha I was basically bald on the side of my head for a couple of days. Not sure if I'll do that again, probably will tbh it grows so quickly.
on 8 July 2016
I bought these to do the Brave the Shave campaign for Macmillan Cancer Support - in front of a large audience they worked PERFECTLY. My hair was long but it sheared through with ease and speed. Easily the best I have ever had. An absolute bargain.
on 2 June 2009
great value for the money, delivered on time, have had no problems at all, cuts hair very well, reconmend this product.
on 16 October 2009
This works well, but only when adjusted to full power. When at full power the product is VERY loud, and it vibrates alot. This may just be a fault in my product only, but it is quite frustrating when cutting hair.
on 21 January 2016
Did one decent cut then on second use was no good. Blades do not adjust and moved too far away from the fixed blade. There is no way to adjust the blades to marry up better so it is now in the bin and will view the next set I buy at Asda or Boots etc. Cannot say this is suppliers fault as is obviously a design/manufacture problem.
on 30 November 2014
Bought these to cut my dogs hair to minimise grooming costs. Very good clippers, never snag on hair, scissors are great. Only problem is the get EXTREMELY hot when in use. I don't need to use them often or for long plus technically they have already paid for themselves so won't mind if I have to buy another set but could see this as a problem for others.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2014
Looks like it had been used before. There were hairs in it - gross!
on 17 April 2012
It arrived within a few days. I have used several hair clippers in the past, to cut my husbands and children's hair. I usually spend a lot more money but to be honest this product cuts just as well and has paid for itself in one hair cut. I would reccommend.

See one answered question