- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Wagner: The World Of The Ring [Blu-ray] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£23.91 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Documentary exploring Richard Wagner's famous cyle of operas.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
After hearing some of the Decca/Solti Siegfried, I bought it complete on LP, and subsequently have purchased the Bayreuth/Boulez and Solti complete 'Rings' on CD, and also now DVD versions by Chereau/Boulez, Kupfer/Barenboim,Pierre Audi/Haenchen, and Mehta/La Fuera dels Baus, and so have gradually got to grips with the detail of this multi-layered masterpiece. Also,having read over 25 books on Wagner, I do feel that a deeper understanding of The Ring's extraordinary power and magic is at last being attained, but never have I encountered such a detailed and enjoyable sound and vision exposition of the work as on these DVDs. Not only do I have a clearer understanding of the 'storyline', explained as it is by Elke Heidenreich, but have a greater understanding of the political and metaphysical aspects, and, also, (and most importantly), a greater understanding of the music itself, thanks to Christian Thielemann's verbal insights and impassioned conducting, and Stefan Mickisch's revelatory comments and piano expositions of the many leitmotifs in this vast work. So much that I have intuitively gleaned over the years has now been articulated and expressed with such clarity that I am beginning to understand it all at last (I think!). I thank the previous reviewer for prompting me to buy this DVD, as I feel that that learning from it has never been more enjoyable !
I shall use the actual words from this documentary to give you an idea of what it is like.The comments are not just a synopsis of the opera,but explain parts of Wagner's life,his thoughts on the Ring and why he wrote the Ring the way he did,and touches on philosophy.I have been interested in the Ring for over 5o years. I have 11 DVD and Bluray Ring cycles,as well as the Solti,1955 Keilberth,1966 Bohm,1950 Furtwangler La Scala Ring Cycles with Flagstad,plus the 1926-1932 cycle cond Coates and Blech with Leider,Easton,Austral,Schorr,Melchoir.Read more ›
The only criticism is that unlike what it says in the listing on Amazon, the DVD spoken language is in fact all German in the first film (Rheingold), there are subtitles, but unless you know this and adjust the set up before you start playing the program, you will start off a bit lost because the first thing you get is someone speaking to the camera/interviewer instead of musical or production scene. So unless you speak German, you then need to find your subtitle settings and start again from the beginning.
The discs' menu options are in English.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a complete waste of time. On trying to load the disc I was told it was incompatible.I had to waste time and money returning it to Amazon. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Amazon Customer