- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Wagner: Die Walkure [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£29.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Live performance of Wagner's 'Die Walkure', the second opera in his 'Der Ring des Nebelungen' cycle. This performance was recorded in 2008 at the Deutsches National Theater, Weimar and was conducted by Carl St Clair.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In short, this is Wagner on a budget, and I loved it. The sets, costumes, props and special effects are minimal and minimalist. The spare stage and absence of winged helmets places the emphasis firmly where it should be: the music and the characters. The international cast may not be of the same calibre as the stars of La Scala or the Met, but seem to pour their hearts and souls into this convincing and moving production.
I very much enjoyed this Weimar Walküre, and the video quality of the Blu-Ray disc is superb. Opinionated Wagnerites may scoff, but anyone into classical music in general or those open to a different kind of Ring should give the Weimar Ring a try.
**March 2010 edit: it seems that my humble review has sparked some strong opinions! See the comments for various views on this production from much more informed Wagnerites than myself. I note that in the past half year, no new cycles of the Ring have been released on Blu-Ray.