- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
WWE: The Rock - The Epic Journey Of Dwayne Johnson [Blu-ray]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£10.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Finally... The Rock has come back to WWE and finally... The Rocks story is being told in its entirety! From growing up in a sports entertainment family to playing Division 1 College football at the University of Miami to becoming a third-generation superstar and the biggest and most electrifying entertainer in history to conquering Hollywood and returning to WWE. The Epic Journey of Dwayne The Rock Johnson covers it all. Packed with brand-new, exclusive interviews with The Great One, as well as his parents, Mr. McMahon, Triple H, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, John Cena, CM Punk and more, this two-hour documentary feature traces the amazing story of The Rock. This 3 DVD set is also packed with a selection of career-spanning matches and promos, some never before released on DVD. The Rock s journey comes full circle, and now fans everywhere can relive it! Featuring 11 amazing matches, including historic bouts with Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Mankind, Brock Lesnar and more!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Content on Disc 2
Rocky Maivia, Marc Mero, Barry Windham & Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Hunter Hearst- Helmsley, Goldust, Crush & Jerry "The King" Lawler
Survivor Series 17th November, 1996
Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
The Rock vs. Triple H
SummerSlam 30th August, 1998
Triple Threat Cage Match
The Rock vs. Mankind vs. Ken Shamrock
Breakdown 27th September, 1998
"I Quit" Match for the WWE Championship
The Rock vs. Mankind
Royal Rumble 24th January, 1999
No Holds Barred Match for the WWE Championship
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Backlash 25th April, 1999
Content on Disc 3
Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
The Rock vs. Kurt Angle vs.Read more ›
- "The Rock, without a shadow of a doubt, will forever be The People's...Champion." -
Let's begin with the main "Epic Journey of !!DWAYNE!! the rock !!JOHNSON!!" documentary: Thankfully, and as probably intended, this 2 hour feature is a highly enjoyable undertaking and makes for some truly nostalgic viewing for long term fans. Telling the story of the WWE fan's initial rejection of him, his heel turns, the eventual evolution into The People's Champion, and the sad moments when Hollywood came calling, every area is all backed up with interviews (some lazily taken straight from DVD extras of The Scorpion King) from Dwayne himself and past and present WWE Superstars. It's entertaining, it's humorous.......
...but very rarely is it revealing. As the credits rolled, I thought back to what I'd actually learned. Unfortunately, the answer was very little. After the first 15 minutes of giving an insight into Dwayne Johnson's upbringing, and short lived American Football career, the documentary becomes very much a biography of The Rock character. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I did expect to learn a little about Dwayne's personal life. We learn nothing. It's a real shame as I personally would of loved to know just how real the backstage heat between Rock and John Cena was.
- "Who... is this Roody Poo?Read more ›
The collection is a 3 disc set with Disc 1 being a Documentary and the other 2 consisting of a set of The Rock's (supposed) Greatest Matches...
First, I will start with the Documentary. I have just finished watching the Documentary there and, may I say, it is not even half bad; in fact, I consider it to be highly enjoyable. It does, however, fall a bit short in some places. Here are some examples:
1. At the beginning, we are treated with a little insight into Dwayne's early years, formation and upbringing, how he played College football for the University of Miami and even advanced into the Canadian Football League etc etc. However, I must point out that there is no 'real' footage of any of this; it's just merely Dwayne himself, his parents and some friends talking about this period of his life. Personally, I would have loved to have seen some real-life footage of this.
2. Some of the people WWE brought in to comment/speak about the Rock (most notably John Cena and CM Punk). Personally, I felt that both of these men had no place in a Rock DVD; I say that because they simply do/did not come from his 'period'. Also, what would they 'really know' about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, anyway????
Now, onto the positives, the documentary will bring back some really class moments for long-time fans of The Rock, as another reviewer has pointed out.
One thing I highly enjoyed is the segment of the film that deals with Dwayne's infamous promos and interviews as the Rock; these will bring back countless memories for many fans, no doubt. After all, these are literally what made Dwayne Johnson "The Rock".Read more ›