- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
WRC 4: World Rally Championship (Xbox 360)
- New OFFICIAL License - WRC 4 is a licensed product, so you can choose your favourite driver and car within the 2013 official rosters of WRC Class, WRC 2 Class, WRC 3 Class and Junior WRC Class.
- New Career Mode - Feel the sensation of being a real rally driver! Starting from Junior WRC Class you will sign some contracts with real WRC official teams depending on your results. Race after race, you will be able to pass every Class up to the Olympus of the WRC and try to become the World Rally Champion.
- All of the official drivers, teams and rallies.
- More than 60+ Different Cars (22 Brand New Cars for 2013)
- More than 10+ Tracks (6 Stages for each track)
- All of the official Rosters of WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3 and Junior WRC Class.
- Different Light Conditions (Sunrise, Daylight, Sunset) - The maximum level of realism with improved handling and physics of the cars. Improved elements around the stages (like trees, grass, rocks, public) and a new camera and cut scene.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard Edition
WRC 4 comes packed with more than 60+ different car models, 50+ Official Race Teams (from WRC, Class 2 and Class), every track from the WRC championships and a completely re-designed career mode.
Following the path taken with the previous chapter of the series, WRC 4 features a new amazing mix of elements with high graphical detail and real in-game sound. The main characteristics that are included into this new game are: loyalty to the license, exciting game experience, accessibility for first-time players and a dynamic and competitive online game mode.
Among new features of this 2013 edition, players have the chance to experience new lighting conditions, new weather effects depending on the stage, a brand new Career Mode to put the player into a real drivers shoes. Realism and immersion are two of the most important pillars of the development, with impressive 3D environments and an HDR system that grant the best in-game performance.
WRC 4 features all the rallies from the 2013 WRC calendar, complete with all leading WRC teams and drivers in the revamped career mode to turn players into real WRC drivers. WRC 4 also features an improved version of the graphics engine, called Spike Engine, launched in 2012.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In WRC 4 you have less cars than in 3. In 4 you have the WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3 & Junior WRC cars. In WRC 3 you have those plus 70's/80's/90/s cars and other. The tracks/roads are nowhere near as good as in WRC 3 nor do you have head to head stages. The cars in WRC 4 are 'wooden' to drive with very little 'movement' and there is just simply the rallies, nothing else to entertain you.
I am not one of these people who say "Well of course Richard Burns Rally has never been bettered!" because that is simply not true imo, but out of WRC 4 and WRC 3, I would buy 3 every single time
But just driving the cars in the game as it is now is completely satisfying. The handling is vastly improved and very user-friendly (not nearly as demanding as Dirt 3) and the difficulty level is more nearly adjustable to suit your ability than other games. It feels very good. I do find the career set-up a bit limiting and confusing - but I haven't finished the game yet: There don't seem to be any rewards or unlock-able cars etc. The lack of personnel on the winning podium is a little strange. There is little choice in what you race: and I can't understand why my WRC3 event level is locked!
In short - if you want to play a reasonably real-world game, this'll do nicely!
For me there's not enough variation in the stages, they all seem to be pretty samey, most start with a "3 left", and a "hairpin left" tends to be followed by a "hairpin right" etc etc. The stages are nothing like their real life counterparts... Sweet Lamb on Rally GB Wales is very disappointing, no long descent down to the Bowl and no water splash! Still actual gameplay is ok, am progressing thru my career nicely but it does seem a little bit too easy to do well, better change the difficulty! One thing that i do find frustrating is the fact that quite a few stages are at dawn or dusk.... but you've no headlights! Which a real rally car would have on at this time of day, which makes seeing the track very hard and just winds me up.
The range of cars is limited but thats down to the Regulations of the current WRC, gone are the days of Evos and Imprezas doing battle with GT4s and Escort Cosworths. Shame really!!!
Still its an enjoyable enough game and worth buying at the current price.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews