Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

WITCH nonfiction book by Rochelle Moore

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Aug 2008 19:31:46 BDT
lillane says:
I am a great fan of celtic witch Rochelle Moore - she has a couple of books on amazon; KARMA and AROMATHERAPY & HERBALISM however, i cannot wait for her new non fiction book called WITCH (counterculture books) www.amazon.co.uk- it already has lots of interest and is in my estimation one of the HOTTEST NEW RELEASES this year. It is due out on the 10th november 08 but already has lots of preorders on it....

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2008 18:08:14 BDT
blah says:
what does this have to do with brisinger??? :P

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2008 18:21:51 BDT
Sam. says:
That is what i was thinking

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Oct 2008 16:03:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Oct 2008 17:19:02 BDT
Josi Martin says:
I got caught by the truly dreadful 'aromatherapy & herbalism' because of the rave reviews but I should have remembered the old warning: if a thing seems to be too good to be true - it is ! I think the reviews she gets have a lot more to do with her fanclub (she seriously has one!!! check it out on google) than anything positive arising from her actual writing.

I was totally confused that so many people praised something that is just too awful to believe when you actually get it. I wrote an honest review of it on the American Amazon site which immediately got commented on by the author and others (have you ever heard of any other book getting responses so quickly? There "happened" to be 10 people who registered that they thought it was an unhelpful review within 24 hours - oh yeah?) and then a quick post after 3 days by someone who claimed they were a herbalist and that this book really was wonderful: their claims are so far from the book I read that I totally do not believe that this poster was a herbalist by any quantifiable measure that I'm aware of.

The fact this particular author has also written a book on Karma is too ridiculous for words as she fairly obviously doesn't believe in the concept at all from my experience of her. My personal feedback is to watch out for her books: if she's reeled you in and you think she's wonderful - you have my sympathies but go and get them if you must - but if you haven't then I'd try and avoid work from her.

I don't mind disagreements but I am deeply offended that my integrity and knowledge is called into question, by her and her fans, because I had the brass neck to post the truth about one of her products. One of the posts (that even Amazon modded) quoted the wiccan saying: An it harm none, do what ye will - on the premise I presume that the poster somehow thought I was harming the author. What about the author harming ignorant beginners?

BTW watch out for if she does end up doing something on Brisingr - she is apparently a "Celtic witch"

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2008 13:01:25 GMT
lillane says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 16 Feb 2009 18:02:12 GMT
bustin chops says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2009 18:03:25 GMT
bustin chops says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  27 Aug 2008
Latest post:  16 Feb 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Brisingr
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (Hardcover - 30 Sept. 2008)
4.2 out of 5 stars (272)