- Also check our best rated NAS Drive reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown CoverLondon General Insurance Company Limited
- Accidental damage cover including mechanical and electrical breakdown.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
WD 8 TB My Cloud Home Personal Cloud
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy to use, the My Cloud home storage device plugs directly into your Wi-Fi router at home so you can save all your digital content in one central place
- Automatically back up the photos and videos on your phone and wirelessly back up and sync your PC and Mac computers and cloud accounts.1
- Store and organise all the photos, videos, music and files from all your devices in one central place
- On-the-Go access: Upload, access and share your favorite memories using the My Cloud Home mobile app, desktop app or MyCloud.com anywhere with an internet connection
- Quick and simple setup: Just plug the device into your Wi-Fi router and use your smartphone to set up; no computer necessary; no monthly fee required
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra - Black, 8TB
Synology DS115j 6TB (1 x 6TB WD RED) 1 Bay Desktop NAS Unit
Buffalo LS220D0802-EU 8TB LinkStation 220D 2 Bay Desktop NAS
Synology DS218j 2 Bay Desktop NAS Enclosure
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Box Limited||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Connectivity Technology||USB||Wake-on-LAN ready^Ethernet LAN^USB port||—||USB||USB|
|Data Transfer Rate||625 MB per second||625 MB per second||6,000 Mb per second||3,000 Mb per second||625 MB per second|
|Hard Disk Size||8,000 GB||8,000 GB||6,000 GB||8,000 GB||—|
|Item Dimensions||5.3 x 14 x 17.55 cm||15.7 x 9.9 x 16.5 cm||22.4 x 7.1 x 16.6 cm||20.5 x 12.6 x 8.7 cm||9.8 x 22.2 x 16.3 cm|
|Network Interface||Ethernet, USB 3.0 Type A, Power Supply (DC in)||—||—||—||N/A|
|Size||8 TB||8 TB||6TB||8TB||Enclosure|
|Special Feature||Hot Swap Function; Backup Function||Cable lock slot^DHCP client^DLNA certified^External power adapter^Jumbo frames support^LED indicators^Link aggregation^Operating temperature range:0 - 35 °C^RAID support^Security algorithms:256-bit AES^iSCSI support||—||Hot Swap Function||Backup Function|
|Style||1 Bay||—||WD RED||—||DS218J|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
My Cloud Home 8TB. 1-bay NAS Tower / GbE / WD SmartWare Pro / WD Red HD
Personal cloud storage, ethernet cable, ac adapter, quick install guide
From the manufacturer
My Cloud Home is an easy-to-use storage device that plugs directly into your Wi-Fi router at home so you can save all your digital content from phones, tablets, computers and external storage devices, in one central place.
- One central place to store all your photos, videos, music and files.
- Quick and simple setup from your phone.
- On-the-go access with the My Cloud Home mobile app, desktop app or My Cloud website.
- Auto backup for photos and videos on your phone.
- USB port to import photos, videos and docs from USB flash drives and external hard drives.
Quick and Simple Setup
Set up your My Cloud Home device quickly. Just plug it into your Wi-Fi router. Then, use your mobile device to visit My Cloud website to set up your account, and start backing up, accessing and sharing. No computer necessary and no monthly fee required!
Mobile, On-the-Go Access
Use the My Cloud Home mobile app, desktop app or My Cloud website to upload, access and share your favourite memories and stream videos saved on your My Cloud Home device.
Auto Backup for Photos and Videos on Your Phone
Automatically back up photos and videos on your phone to the My Cloud Home device so you can make room for more.
USB Port to Import Photos and Videos from External Devices
Quickly import photos and videos from other devices scattered around your house, like USB flash drives and external hard drives, using the USB port on the back of the My Cloud Home device. Keep all your favourite moments, action shots and adventures stored in one central, organised place.
Keep your favourite folders from your PC and Mac computers in continuous sync with the My Cloud Home device.
Smooth video playback, anywhere
Stream your personal videos anywhere, on any device, using the My Cloud Home mobile and desktop app or My Cloud website.
|My Cloud Home||My Cloud Home Duo|
|Perfect for||Keeping content from all your devices stored in one place at home and accessible anywhere.||Keeping all your stored content saved twice and accessible anywhere.|
|Capacity||2 TB – 6 TB||4 TB – 16 TB|
|Quick and simple setup with your phone, tablet or computer||✓||✓|
|My Cloud Home mobile, desktop and web access||✓||✓|
|Auto photo and video backup for phones||✓||✓|
|USB 3.0 ports for importing content||1x||2x|
|Mirror Mode (RAID 1) for two copies of all your content||✓|
|PC/Mac ready (no formatting required)||✓||✓|
|Automatic backup for PCs and Mac computers||✓||✓|
|LED indicator light||✓||✓|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is a good looking NAS device. It was easy to power up and find on the network, also easy to set up an online account to view from anywhere in the world. One great thing is that my daughter can now back up all her pics and video from her 16GB IPhone meaning she can delete them off the phone for more space!
Two big downsides though:
The software that comes with it to create a backup doesn't work with this device!!! the only thing you can do is back up to either another portable WD device that it does work with, like the Passport devices. You can sync folders but this is not the same as scheduled back up that can help in the event of an OS reinstall for example. I have had to rely on the File History Backup option that comes with Windows.
Secondly, when you boot this up out of the box, there isn't 3TB free, there is only 2.7TB, which is a big chunk of memory to be eaten up before you even start to use it.
So in review. It does what I want it to do, but the Back-up side of it is done with Windows software and not that supplied by WD. I can access the Windows back up files from anywhere so that's good. It was easy to get online and find it on the network when originally powered up. It looks good
3 stars because of the back up issues and cost though
The plex server function is limited and doesn't allow you to add separate folders, e.g. family moves or other movies. So everything is mixed together.This is a big flaw which many people have noticed and are dissapointed with.
Hopefully software updates will fix it.
The problems I have with it are:
1) Difficulties assigning static IP address
2) WD Backup does not recognize Onedrive
3) WD tools could not find the device, even when I was signed into the device
4) It did not recognize the device when it was on the network
5) Changing the owner requires a reset
6) Not suitable for more than one user in an office
Most recent customer reviews
Totally agree with all of the 1 star reviews here. The drive itself is fine, but then again, it's just a hard-drive in an enclosure.Read more