- Buy one Watchu and get the second HALF PRICE, Enter code YLFFWDTN at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code YLZ4EQE4 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
WATCHU Guardian - Protecting Your Parents And Grandparents With The Ultimate Watch. Built In SOS Button Direct Call To Your Mobile. Keeping Your Loved Ones Living Longer At Home - UK App - UK Company
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The watch will include a CPR Chameleon PAYG sim with £3 worth of credit free of charge allowing Watchu to work straight out of the box. CPR Chameleon is a unique mobile network that can switch between all major networks to ensure that the Watchu has optimum GPS tracking signal at all times.
- Accurate Outdoor & Indoor Tracking & Route Playback Using - GPS, GPRS, LBS, WIFI - Long Battery Life 120hrs
- Provides An Easy To Use Emergency Duress SOS Button, Two Way Voice Calling , Voice Messaging, Pedometer, Alarm
- Programmable Safe/Geo Zone, To Raise An Alert When The Wearer Leaves A Specified Area
- Note: If You Have Any Questions Or Require Technical Support Please Call Our UK Customer Support Team On 0800 652 7780
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
From the makers of WATCHU GPS Smart Watch for Kids comes WATCHU Guardian developed specifically to help protect Vulnerable Adults and the Elderly.
WATCHU Guardian - More than just a watch!
Vulnerable Adults and the Elderly represent an increasing sector of our population, protecting them while keeping them part of our community is a need that’s been identified and maximised by WATCHU!
WATCHU wearers can hold down the SOS button in case of an emergency and the watch will alert the app Administrator through phone calls and notifications.
Precise Location Tracking
Receive GPS updates every minute and view route play backs to see exactly where they've been.
Setup safe zone’s and be noticed when the WATCHU wearer leaves or enters keeping you informed of the WATCHU wearers activity at all times!
Designed Specifcally For The Elderly and Vulnerable Adults
We all care for the safety and well-being of our closest loved ones, especially when they enter into old age. While we protect them we also want them to have the freedom to live independently. When we made the enormously successful WATCHU: GPS Smart Watch for Kids we realised that there was demand for a similar solution for elder adults. It was time that vulnerable and elder adults enjoyed the same protection and sense of freedom that the WATCHU brand brings to children. Complimented by a subtle, stylish design, every component on board has been miniaturised to ensure an optimally comfortable fit. This isn’t like any other tracking device. CPR Chameleon offers WATCHU users with the maximum mobile coverage at all times by intelligently switching between all available mobile networks based on the best available signal in the WATCHU's location. CPR Chameleon allows you to travel throughout the EU with your WATCHU with no additional DATA or Voice roaming charges.
A new way to keep in touch
With its built-in pedometer you can monitor the physical activity of your loved ones daily from your WATCHU phone app. Concerned? Call them at any time from your phone directly to their WATCHU Guardian, and don’t worry; WATCHU Guardian only accepts calls from people on their family and friends list, so they won’t get unwanted nuisance and scam calls to their WATCHU. WATCHU Guardian is a lifeline for those who need it. With approximately 80% of missing people in the UK consisting of vulnerable adults, WATCHU’s pinpoint GPS Tracking accuracy means you don’t have to worry about losing your loved ones. The knowledge that the people you care most about are safe and free to live their lives is the greatest gift of WATCHU Guardian.
Describe your products in 3 words.
Protects the Vulnerable
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
The phenomenal response to our WATCHU GPS Watch for Kids we were inundated with requests for a similar product that was more designed towards Vulnerable Adults and the Elderly. Protecting the vulnerable is at the heart of our business and so WATCHU Guardian was developed to address the needs of the most vulnerable.
What makes your product special?
WATCHU Guardian teamed with the CPR Chameleon SIM offers unrivalled mobile coverage across all networks from one device and SIM that ensures maximum mobile coverage. Keeping you connected to those most at risk at all times.
What has been the best part of your experience?
Having an idea move from conception into the real world and seeing people inspired by the potential of WATCHU.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have given WatchU 3/5* as ultimately, it has saved us a few times a lot of worry, as we have known exactly where he was when we went for a walk, however, this is a really imperfect solution to a difficult problem and there are plenty of design flaws.
The watch came with the following:
- Charging cable
- Instruction manual
I found the watch relatively difficult to setup. I am 30 and work in the tech world to add some context so I think others will really struggle with it. WatchUs customer support is VERY GOOD however. One call to their freephone 0800 number and they sorted things out. I set the watch up and then gave it to my grandma/grandpa to wear.
Good things about the watch:
- It does indeed track his location (to a rough accuracy)
- All the family can download the app on their phone and using the login
- The app itself is simple enough to use
- customer service is excellent
Bad things about the watch
- The time/screen stay on for only a split second so you have to turn it on often.
- It says WATCHU in large letters on the front. Now the person using it may or may not get that, but it seems pretty stupid to me to have it on there as obviously, its for watching people.
- The on/off button. You have to click this each time for the user to see the time, but oh, whats that? Yes the button if held down is also the SOS button. This seems like one of the most STUPID designs ever...it means that if my grandpa looks at the time and holds it down for a few seconds (imagine how possible that is)...it makes an SOS call (setup to my phone, not my grandmas so not to freak her out).
- The SOS function. For that matter, there is no need for this and it CANT BE TURNED OFF. My grandpa with Alzheimers isn't going to remember to press a button. We don't want him to know that it does this, we don't want him to know that its more than a watch because he might take it off.
- The call the watch feature. Also cannot be turned off. Have warned all family but its very easy to leave a message on the watch from the app. Imagine how freaked out he might get if the watch started speaking in our voices all of a sudden.
- The app is OK but not great. I work in the world of apps and I know that there is WAY more potential to build something better.
- The watch seems to break or something goes wrong quite regularly. Again customer support is great but still frustrating. I had to return my first one because the sim card came out and wouldn't go back in.
- The watch has been clearly made for kids. All these problems above are basically because they have made a kids watch, then made a black one and said its for dementia.
- Battery life isn't great - around 4 days. We get my grandma to charge it each night so its a routine.
Those are the main points I can think of, I actually feel quite frustrated with the product having vented these negative points. I actually downgraded from a 4* to a 3* because of this.
So - as I said its an imperfect solution. Ultimately, IT WORKS. We have found him or had piece of mind multiple times so I would recommend anyone to buy it and test out. So it may not work a few times, just appreciate when it does work
Someone else needs to make a better product, I think it can be done quite easily but I feel this is the best on the market for now.
If you found my review helpful in any way - please feel free to click 'helpful' below
Striking a balance between privacy, our stress levels and the stretched local police resource’s it seemed highly logical to introduce an option of GPS tracking our loved one.
Our particular venerable family member suffers mood swings and has been known to leave the house with little or no money, no mobile phone and very little clue has to having any concrete plan. Android or Iphone are out of the question as he struggles with technology and has already lost 3x cheap Tesco’s mobiles. !
So the WatchU watch seems idea if he will wear it and indeed keep it charged. ?
I’ve read the other reviews and I kind off understand some of the minor set-up issues these folks have struggled with! But having said that, if you research how the watch actually works and then test these functions before you set the watch to work. You will find you have a very useable device to track your loved one.
The watch is pretty much set-up via the downloadable application and with some knowledge some Extra settings are set - via Silent SMS commands. I think this is where the confusion creeps in, as the watch appears to make and receive phone calls but reports the watch as being over 2 miles away.. !
I’ve tested the watch on my own wrist for a week, and if you learn how it functions you will soon realise that the watch needs to be set on Auto Tracking mode and preferably receiving x3 or x5 satellite signals to report back really accurate GPS position’s. The Smart phone application has two settings for tracking mode, one setting updates every 60secs Automatic Mode and the other is Manual Mode which requires you to press a LOC button to track the watch. If the watch is virtually static and only receiving a Cell tower mask location (NOT A GPS LOCATION) this could disturb you and lead you into thinking the watch is far away from its target or preferred position. It’s the same as your Smart phone in as much as if you only just switched it on it can take 3 to 5 min’s to pick up on a good GPS signal.
These settings are to strike a balance between Battery life and A reasonable location tracking. If you have your SMART PHONE running the sat nav App or the location services ON ALL DAY you will drain down the much battery faster. The watch is just the same. Bear this in mind if the watch is Moving the LBS or cell tower signal’s will eventually triangulate thus giving you a more accurate reading.
To conserve the Battery levels, I keep our watch on Manual mode until I feel a desire or need to zoom right in and track at 60’second intervals. It works fine for us now that we understand how it all works.
If your struggling with your watch ask yourself even thou its making and receiving calls has it actually not an Internet signal ? i.e. can you send and receive push voice messages ? Chances are you Might need a silent SMS command to re-set the APN settings for the installed Sim Card. And if you change the Sim Card to different network you again Might need a silent SMS command to re-set the APN settings to match the installed network Sim Card.. I have tested existing sim and A Giffgaff a sim card and both really works fine.
Customer Support can send you the APN settings - SMS Command or they can send it OTA for you. Just Please remember EE/VODA/O2 etc all have very different network APN settings.. You might also need to reset the GPS Server settings (but check with customer support 1st) ..
Learn how your watch functions 1st and then enjoy less Stress.. I’ve only used the email support and it was a fast as 10 minutes’ to get A helpful reply that’s
5***** stars in my book.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews