Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 2 August 2012
If you want something to kill time, then read this book. It has so many plot holes and misses so many key opportunities (unique magical weapononry given as a gift!) to really do something great, but I still say kudos to the author for their attempt. Perhaps the next books you write won't remind me of a badly written Eragon series.

P.s. I only read all three books to the end for a sense of completion and even then it was a struggle. Buyers you are forewarned!
on 19 December 2016
Another great read, again I'm finding myself racing through to see what the next plot twist is going to be! Must admit this final book is brutal, to see what these characters whom over the trilogy the reader has come to care for have to go through in the inevitable battles is jarring.
This books deals a lot more with the political intrigue around the ongoing war which serve as breaks between the incredibly well written action sequences, there are times when you truly feel the characters frustration as they try to broker an alliance while the world burns around them!
All in all a great read and a great conclusion to the first part of an ongoing story.
on 17 May 2015
As war becomes more real, sides mass their allies and arsenals for the imminent onslaught. Will the dragon riders, the scattered few, answer the call to war? Or will enemies in the shadows and within consume them?

This third book of the Dragon Stones Saga brings a change in tone and energy to Alva's prose as we approach a decisive crossroads in the adventure. Some will find this shift exciting and some will find it unnerving, either way, I feel it has the right effect.

Elias and Nydeired's relationship is sweet and enjoyable to watch the two learn from each other but there is a grim sadness as they prepare for war. Elias is every more aware what war is like and has come to accept his fate, not as a prophet in a ancient tale but as a reluctant force of good. Throughout the series, I have found dragons portrayed in a different light than most main stream fantasy. Alva humanises them wonderfully and makes this war even more horrific.

Unfortunately, the book is titled Vosper's Revenge, which instantly puts into mind the Empire Strikes back. This is a bit of a giveaway that the forces of evil are going to push back, hard. Also like the Empire Strikes Back, this is my favourite in the series (so far) as it gathers speed, like the build up to the perfect storm.

A book filled with magic, dragons, dwarves, good and, of course, evil; I have said it earlier and I'll say it again. This is my favourite book of the series and I dare you to find out why. All I can really say without giving to much away, well played, Vosper, well played.
on 2 July 2013
I waited for this next instalment since earlier in the year. I did really enjoy catching up with the characters and thought I had figured out the ending...but alas I was wrong. However, it ended all of a sudden so I was a bit disappointed with that. Hopefully, in the next trilogy to come begin in September 2013 I can catch up with some of the main characters again. A thoroughly good read through the whole series... would recommend.
on 5 November 2012
As a collective the books are really good, well crafted and thought out right up until the end and that's exactly it, it just ends. I feel the ending could of been built up more with a lot of intensity and peril.
I would recommend these books to anyone who likes Eragon and the Inheritance Cycle or The Books of Deacon.
on 24 October 2014
Vosper’s Revenge is the third book in the Dragon Stone saga and it was great to get reacquainted with the characters that Kristian Alva has created. While in some respects the elements of these stories are familiar - dragons, magics, dwarves, orcs, necromancers - it takes a lot of imagination and creativity to bring these together in a fresh way that tells a story that intrigues and excites you. The ending of this instalment is a bit of a surprise but it would be too much of a spoiler to go into detail about it in a review. I’m looking forward to the next instalment.
on 31 July 2013
OK, I admit it, I have a fondness for this genre of pulp fiction. But this author has not used one atom of original thought. I would like to say it is very derivative but in fact it is taken almost verbatim from Salvatore who was not the greatest author either. I am suprised that a law suite for plagarism is not underway.

As for the writing, imagine such gems as " he lived out the rest of his immortal life" and you get the picture. Also this book joins several others in spreading one meagre size volume over several book titles to extract as much revenue as possible. Put this book where it belongs in area 51!
on 9 July 2014
although still intriguing to a point and even the heroes fall to the bad guys in these books, i found the ending was written to quickly and turned into a bizarre twist.
Originally i read the books advertised as a trilogy but it now continues so will see if Ms Alva regains the full 5 stars on book 4 when i read it.
on 6 December 2014
I really enjoyed the series until the fight, or should I say lack there of, at best it's disjointed and rushed which is a shame because it was setup perfectly. There was so little there it was hard to engage in the battle.
on 28 October 2012
This 3rd book is the best yet, with better character development, fuller plot, and a quick exciting story line that keeps you turning the pages. There is a maturity in the writing compared to the first 2 books. Some elements need attention as aspects of stories and characters seem to trail off, but hopefully we will see these back stories in the next series or the development of the current characters.

All in all a cracking read. Lost my kindle to my wife for a few days when she found it..could not get it back until she finished it! Both of us looking forward to the next series