- Boxed-product Weight: 454 g
- ASIN: B0000ALK7H
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 1 Jan. 2003
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,069,339 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Vosonic X'S Drive 2, Portable Storage Device 20GB
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- The X'S-Drive II works with 2.5 inches Hard Drives of any capacity. You can purchase the X'S-Drive II with a pre-installed Hard Drive or install your own (provided it's 9.5mm).
- It weights only 300g with the built-in Hard drive and is easy to carry (13 x 7.5 x 2.5 cm).
- The X'S-Drive II is provided with a free Carry Bag that you can also use to carry your memory cards.
- The X'S-Drive works with all current memory cards used with digital cameras: Compactflash, IBM Microdrive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick (Sony & LexarMedia), Memory Stick Pro, Secure Digital, and MultiMediaCard.
- The file transfer from a memory card to the X'S-Drive is performed quickly by the X'S-Drive (i.e. a full CompactFlash 128MB is transferred to the HDD in 2:15 minutes).
- The file transfer to and from your computer are done via the fast USB 2.0 interface connection.
- LCD Panel to display the working status (no picture preview).
Customers also shopped for
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
If all you want is reliable backup storage for your shots, this gadget is a bargain. -- Digital Photography made easy
The Vosonic X'S-Drive II is a new generation of X'S-Drive, combining the Fast USB 2.0 compatible interface and an LCD panel to indicate the Working status, File transfer, battery power level, and out of memory indicator. Like the X'S-Drive VP2030, the X'S-Drive II VP2060 allows the transfer of pictures and all the other files from any memory card to its internal 2.5 inches hard drive. It can be used with all types of memory cards: Compactflash, IBM Microdrive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Secure Digital, and MultiMediaCard. (xD memory cards require a CompactFlash adapter) The easy to use Copy function copies files from your memory cards with just the press of a button, and the files transfer progress is indicated on the LCD Panel. Easy to carry, the X'S-Drive II includes built-in internal rechargeable batteries and a carry bag in which you can also store your memory cards. You can access the files stored on the Hard Drive via your computer with the new fact USB 2.0 Connection - you can also use the X'S-Drive II as a USB Combo card reader.
Top Customer Reviews
The concept and useage of the device is very simple. The drive has an LCD status display, an on/off button and a copy button. You plug your digital media into the drive, turn it on, and press the copy button. The Xs Drive simply copies the entire contents of the media card onto it's internal hard disk into a new uniquely numbered folder. For example Compact Flash cards are stored in a folder CF0001, CF0002, etc. My 256Mb card took a couple of minutes to copy to the hard disk.
The digital media card is left unaltered so you will have to manually delete the cards contents using you camera (or whatever).
Obviously the Xs drive can be used simply as a portable hard disk as well, and also as a media card reader - you can see the media card (as a temporary drive) directly without the need to copy the contents onto the drives Hdd (via USB).
Retrieving the information for the Hdd is very simple too. The drive has a USB 2.0 port (USB 1 compatible). Under XP you simply connect the drive to a PC and XP takes care of everything. Under Windows 98/2000 there is a small driver (provided) that needs installing before use. No great hardship and it works just fine on my 98 machine. The hard disk drive and all media slots appear as temporary drives under file manager, though working out which temp drive is which takes a few seconds!
I can't recommend this product enough.Read more ›