VonHaus 1.8m Heavy Duty Steel & MDF Boltless 5 Tier Racking Shelf Free 2 Year Warranty Industrial Steel Shelving Unit - Massive 875Kg Capacity
|You Save:||£15.00 (39%)|
- Max Load: 875 kg - (175kg per shelf). Size: 90 x 40 x 180 cm
- The locking mechanism is better than the old style rivet/keyhole system making it easier to assemble
- Ideal for sheds and garages. Colour: Blue. MDF Thickness: 6.2mm; Beam Thickness: 0.7mm
- Longer Brace Thickness: 0.7mm; Shorter Brace Thickness: 0.7mm
- Free Extended 2 Year Warranty - Registration Required. *Terms and Conditions apply
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This very strong 5 Tier Boltless Racking Shelf is a must for every household! Whether you are looking to store books, clothes or tools, this is the ideal solution.
It has a load capacity of 175kg per shelf (evenly distributed) giving a total loading capacity of 875Kg. The frame is made from coated steel plates and is supplied complete with cut-to-size 6.2mm MDF.
Be aware other suppliers supply inferior Chipboard shelves which are less strong. The shelves can be adjusted to also fit oversize items. The shelf is ideal for sheds and garages and stands for the perfect way of storing and giving you the space you need.
Easy to assemble with only a rubber mallet required for assembly. No Nuts/Bolts required thanks to its unique keyhole locking system. Can be assembled into 5 tier structure or also workbench structure, instructions supplied. Comes in blue.
It is recommended that to prolong the lifespan of the shelving, you treat any MDF surfaces every 12 months with a suitable weather resistant stain or coating to protect it from any potential adverse weather or storage conditions which can cause moisture or mould to accumulate and damage the units.
Look for similar items by category
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The only criticism is that of the four sets that I've bought, three had been opened before, and one was delivered in a Radley Handbags box, with some parts missing. This is not what I consider "Brand New".
In summary, excellent product, expect to do some easy hammering to get it assembled, but check the contents of the box as soon as it arrives - if the box has been opened or parts are missing, don't be afraid to make noises to the supplier. It's the only way they will learn how to meet their customers expectations.
Some of the less positive reviews did make me wonder if I'd made a mistake, and when the box was easily carried by me without so much a whiff of an impending hernia my worries only increased!
Oh, how wrong I was.
The instructions were super clear for starters - no cryptic I**a style diagrams where everything is given a whimsical Swedish name and accompanied by what appears to be a Nordic kama sutra, just clear diagrams with TEXT!! Sweet Lord, writing! The manufacturers generously assumed we're literate and don't need pictures to guide us!
Included in the box are 5 mdf shelves, and a pile of metal beams. Nothing else, and all you need is a mallet, ideally rubber although my plastic headed deadblow mallet worked perfectly well.
Construction is laughably easy - Tap covers onto the bottom of the corner rails, make sure the large part of the keyholes is at the bottom, and start smacking cross beams into place. Took me all of about 15 minutes to build 2 workbench units.
Are they sturdy? I reckon so. They're nobly bearing the weight of a cast iron pillar drill, a bench grinder, and a small arsenal of power tools without so much as a quiet groan.
In short, I'm well impressed, even though the delivery cost made me have a 'Yorkshire moment' (sweating, eye widening, accompanied by a cry of "'Ow much??").
The separate parts are very flimsy, but once they are together with some weight on the shelves it becomes very sturdy indeed.
A word of warning, it took me about 2 hours to build this alone and I'm a fairly competent DIYer. Some quick tips when building:
1) You WILL need a plastic/rubber mallet to hammer the shelf supports to the legs.
2) The instructions suggest you use a screwdriver to "help" the tabs slot in. In fact it is near enough impossible to do so without one. To make sure the tabs are slotted correctly, use a flat blade screwdriver to pry and enlarge each slot slightly, the the tabs will slot straight in after a bit of hammering.
3) You may need another pair of hands at the beginning, just to hold everything together before the first shelf is down.
4) Determine your required shelf heights and mark which slots you will use. But I suggest you keep them as evenly spaced as possible for better shelf rigidity.
5) Give yourself enough room, and build it where it will be located if its a tight space, otherwise you will end up taking it apart to fit it in.
6) Load the shelf with heavy and bulky items on the bottom for obvious reasons. Consider fixing it to the wall, if you are fully loading it for health and safety reasons.
The bargain price is reflected in some items - regardless of skill or strength the top caps will not go on mine and I had to find the four that fitted best to go on the base of the feet. Overall I would recommend these. They took me a little over 50 minutes to erect without help but there was some swearing as I pinched my fingers guiding the tabs or had to partially disassemble ones that missed the return on the slot.
To the guy that said they took 15 minutes to erect in his review - you deserve your own DIY TV show. Allocate and hour and get help if you can - it's make swinging them about so much easier.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I had already bought one of these units to house lots of plants. I was so pleased with it I decided to buy a second one. It arrived well within the agreed time frame. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Steve Anderson
Adequate quality but would have preferred a bolted system as it was fiddly to assemble.Published 4 days ago by MR DEREK OXBROUGH
GOOD QUALITY, GOOD PRICE, TOOK A LITTLE TIME TO PUT TOGETHER INSTRUCTIONS NOT THE BEST, BUT WELL WORTH THE EFFORT.Published 9 days ago by Paul Wilson
The finished product is good and sturdy, square and looks smart enough (in my garage). It arrived quickly, well packaged. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Dr. M. Clayton
I recently bought 8 of these shelves. I agree with some of the previous comments. These are not a simple flat pack assembly (of which I have done many). Read morePublished 11 days ago by Paul S
I have to give this 5 stars just for the value alone. I have this as two side-by-side units rather than one tall shelving unit. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Tiffers