From the Back Cover
- Communicate successfully using the power of your voice
- Experiment with volume, speed and pitch to maximise your vocal potential
- Speak with confidence and make a great first impression
Find your voice and have them hanging on your every word
Whether you dream of commanding thousands with the power of your voice, or you′d just like to get your point across more clearly and convincingly, you′ve come to the right place. Not another presentation or public speaking primer, this book schools you in timeless principles that work equally well when addressing packed stadiums, in intimate gatherings and even during one–to–one conversations. Discover how to use your voice to surprise, seduce, soothe, intimidate, amuse, motivate and more. And, with the help of fun, easy voice exercises, you′ll quickly master critical elements such as breathing, rhythm, modulation, pitch and pacing.
- Breathe free discover how to free your voice from bad habits and ′voice gremlins′ and improve your range and authenticity with breathing exercises
- Practice makes perfect speak more clearly by experimenting with vowels and consonants, and playing with your pronunciation
- Learn why timing is . . . everything sustain a slow authoritative pace or energise your listeners with a faster pace
- Make it resonate use every great speaker′s secret weapon, resonance, to get under an audience′s skin and convey confidence, passion, authenticity and statesmanship
Audio CD includes:
Over 30 vocal exercises to help you make the most of your voice.
Featuring a range of exercises covering breathing techniques, the power of pitch variations, the impact of volume changes and more.
Open the book and find:
- How to overcome fear to help you speak more effectively
- Top tips for making a great first impression with your voice
- Advice for conquering stuttering, hesitation and the stop reflex
- Speaking in public for every occasion and audience
- How to use your voice effectively in different professions
- Advice on leading with your voice
- Tips for celebrating your accent and using it in interesting ways
- Ways of sounding like you mean business
About the Author
Judy Apps is a professional voice coach, an NLP (neuro–linguistic programming) Trainer and Director of Enlightened Ltd. She has more than fifteen years′ experience developing creative training programmes, particularly in the areas of leadership, voice and impact. Judy has provided coaching to top companies, including Volkswagen Financial Services, GlaxoSmithKline, the Metropolitan Police and JP Morgan, as well as prestigious individuals, such as Members and executives of the European Parliament and Commission.