Vodacom South Africa Pre-paid SIM Card
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A local cell phone number in South Africa
- FREE incoming calls
- Voicemail & SMS
- No yearly contract, monthly charges or credit check
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are heading to the World Cup this year, be sure to get yourself a South Africa (Vodacom) SIM card to stay in touch! This prepaid SIM card for South Africa with an international cell phone is the most convenient and economical solution for staying in touch and share World Cup results with your family and friends as they happen! Pay the local rate for local calls and use your cellular phone in South Africa like you do at home. And unlike home, your South Africa SIM card and cell phone service is prepaid so there is no need for a contract. For more information please refer to the User guide that comes with your package. Please Note: Your South Africa SIM Card (Vodacom) will require a SIM-unlocked GSM 900 compatible international cell phone. If you do not have your own international cell phone, we have several models available for purchase.
Top customer reviews
However, there are a couple of points you need to be aware of:
- The sim cards received were actually old, with the old Vodacom branding (as is this listing). When I contacted Vodacom directly on arrival with these sim cards, the numbers couldn't be activated as they were out of date (as with any other Telco).
- Interestingly the cost of the sim card is cheap to buy directly from the Vodacom store, and tariffs are very cost-effective.
- Vodacom provide the best service in South Africa.
I would recommend saving yourself being proactive on these things and just purchase the sim card when you arrive at Joburg Tambo or Cape Town Airport. All you'll need is your license/passport and proof of accommodation.
This process with photo ID only takes 5 minutes, and at least I took the chance to top up the card before commencing my holiday.
Probably just as easy buying the card in SA though!
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com