Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
As a researcher, he has published over 160 scientific works, including 17 books. The latest monographs on Augmented Reality Art (2014 & 2018) and Augmented Reality Games (in two volumes, 2019) are available on Amazon.
Since 1995, he has been experimenting with different types of Digital Art. His project 'Digital Paintings - Fine Art Prints' (2008-2016) was especially successful: limited edition prints of his artworks are now in private collections of Australia, Brazil, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Japan, Malta, Mexico, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, and USA.
In 2013, he published a Kindle book "A Bottle of Plymouth Gin: 12 Detective Stories Set in Devon & Cornwall". The book features 12 mysterious cases rooted in the lore of two of the most beautiful British counties.
1. Old Town Harbour, Puerto del Carmen
2. Playa Puerto del Carmen
3. Playa El Golfo
4. A Panoramic View of El Golfo with Green Lagoon
5. View from a Camel, Timanfaya National Park
6. Tourists Watching Fire Show in Timanfaya National Park
7. Natural Volcanic Barbecue at the El Diablo Restaurant
8. Vineyards in La Geria
9. Night Disco Club at Puerto del Carmen
10. A Street in Arrecife
11. Charco de San Ginés Lake in Arrecife
12. The Castle of San Gabriel, Arrecife
13. A Panoramic View of Costa Teguise
14. Playa de las Cucharas, Costa Teguise
15. A Camel, Timanfaya National Park
16. Christmas Folk Festival in the Town of Teguise
17. A Night Street in Puerto del Carmen
18. A Holiday Bungalow in Playa Blanca
19. A Beach in Playa Blanca with a View of Montana Roja
20. Playa Blanca
21. Mirador del Rio
22. A House in Lanzarote
23. The Jardín de Cactus
24. A Flowering Cactus in the Jardín de Cactus
25. César Manrique Foundation
26. A Room in Volcanic Lava Bubble, Manrique Foundation
27. A Night Café in Costa Teguise
28. Papas Arrugadas, Famous Wrinkled Boiled Potatoes
29. Still Life with Parrot Fish and Lanzarote Wine
30. Sunset in Puerto del Carmen
1. Fat Cat
2. Funny Business
3. Sitting Duck
4. Battle Lines are Drawn
5. Black Tie Event
6. French Leave
7. Eyes Wide Open
8. Heart of the Matter
9. Dark Horse
10. Web of Lies
11. Five Finger Discount
12. Nothing Succeeds Like Success
13. Paper Tiger
14. False Move
15. Devil’s Advocate
16. Tongue in Cheek
17. At All Costs
18. Two of a Kind
19. Ego Trip
20. The Bee’s Knees
21. Horse of a Different Colour
22. Penny Drops
23. Rocket Science
24. Crossing the Rubicon
25. Middle of Nowhere
26. Sleeping Partner
27. Holding the Fort
28. Forty Winks
29. Milk of Human Kindness
30. Water off a Duck’s Back
31. Night Owl
32. Against the Clock
4. Good Luck
7. Double Happiness
18. Inner Strength
20. I Love You
21. Moral Virtue
Although the case was highly unusual, there was nothing unusual about the retired comedian Phil Blandford helping his friend Detective Inspector Greg Nash to solve the mystery. At the time, they could hardly have imagined that the investigation would lead them to the secret of the birth of the United States of America, kept hidden for almost 400 years.
The detective story is illustrated with 14 digital oil paintings by the author.
A rebus puzzle is a picture that represents a phrase. The book is a game of 32 rebus puzzles that can be played either on your own or (much more fun) with your friends (showing the puzzles and artwork on a big computer or TV screen).
Let’s start! For each puzzle, just answer the question “What is the phrase represented by this picture?” and enjoy original Abstract Impressionism artwork. Then check your answer in Section 2 of the book and enjoy the other 32 abstract oil paintings of a different style.
This is the first of two comprehensive volumes that provide a thorough and multi-faceted research into the emerging field of augmented reality games and consider a wide range of its major issues. These first ever research monographs on augmented reality games have been written by a team of 70 leading researchers, practitioners and artists from 20 countries.
In Volume I, the phenomenon of the Pokémon GO game is analysed in theoretical, cultural and conceptual contexts, with emphasis on its nature and the educational use of the game in children and adolescents. Game transfer phenomena, motives for playing Pokémon GO, players’ experiences and memorable moments, social interaction, long-term engagement, health implications and many other issues raised by the Pokémon GO game are systematically examined and discussed.
Augmented Reality Games I is essential reading not only for researchers, practitioners, game developers and artists, but also for students (graduates and undergraduates) and all those interested in the rapidly developing area of augmented reality games.