TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 February 2014
EDIT: This review is for the 20 stainless steel wire keychains. When I wrote this review the wire keychains were the only item being sold and the page had a good reviews, then plastic tags get slipped in on the same page to give the impression that the products overall have a high rating. It is wrong and misleading to do it and I am seeing it happen more often!

I needed a few strong temporary ties and these looked like they might just do the job. They exceeded my expectations.

I have no idea what the breaking strain of these are, but I am guessing it is high. They are simple little devices that consist of a 15cm (6 inch) length of stainless steel wire that is fitted with a sliding knurled collar. This collar slides up the wire to a steel nipple stopper and the other end of the wire is terminated with a small threaded bar. The threaded bar is brought around to the collar and the collar is screwed onto the threaded bar. That is it, loop complete. If you need longer lengths these will piggy back for as many as you need.

A few things to be careful of:
1. As the wire is looped the threaded bar meets the collar at a slight angle. Make sure that you line the bar and collar up straight before you tighten it or you may cross thread the collar.
2. I had one where there was a stray wire thread that didn't get crimped in with the steel nipple. Not a problem, still as strong, but the stray thread could easily puncture a finger if you don't notice it.
3. You can only hand tighten these. If you use pliers you risk damaging the wire or jamming it to the point you can't release it by hand.
4. Check the tightness of the screw periodically. I haven't had one work loose, but Murphy's law says that if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong - and usually with the most expensive item you have secured.
5. These will permanently kink if you bend them too tightly or fold them.

These are really great devices and every tool box should have a handful of them. Plenty of uses limited by your imagination.
44 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2014
Out of 20. 12 were no good. they pulled apart where they're crimped at the end.
so if I put keys on them then I couldn't trust not losing the keys.

ok for the price. but not if they were more expensive, and not if 12 end up being thrown in the bin.
on 7 May 2014
These are very good value for money and very useful however be aware that the break down and little wires stick out and pierce the skin. After a long time they brake due the individuals wires snapping. I dont regret buying these
on 6 June 2014
These little gems are very useful.
I put my keys on one, and as it is flexible, the number of keys does not cause the bunch to bulge, as would happen with a fixed, solid key ring.
I find more and more uses as I carry out jobs around the house.
They can be used to keep items together, e.g I have some bearings that need to be kept with (woodworking) router cutters.
I put the ring through the (3) bearings and keep them all in one place, safely.
They also work well as brush hangers. They can be passed through the hole at the top of the handle and hung up.
I'm sure I will find other uses, too in due course, and may need to order some more, as I have given some to friends.
on 9 January 2014
Delivered quickly. Does exactly what is says on the tin, and at dirt cheap price too.
I only needed a few of these, but it was about 20p more for 20 than it was for 10, so a no brainer really, and I'm sure I will be finding uses for the rest of these for a long time to come.
I keep a few in my rucksack just in case. They're small and weigh nothing and are handy for tying kit to your bag in place of straps and carabiners and so forth.
A handy little item and I'm very happy with it's versatility.
on 9 May 2015
These are so useful, really strong loops can be formed by them. They can be attached together to form larger loops. I use them on my keys, holding all my keys in a bunch making them 'quick release'. I have three of them in a loop so that if one unscrews, the other two remain, holding my keys together. You just have to tighten them up now and again.
on 1 March 2014
I got these for a specific purpose on the car but have found that everyone is using them for different things, from the obvious one of keys to attaching mini torch to a lanyard, camping items to keeping paper clips handy. I thought 20 might be wasted but I can see that I will probably need more of them. Tip: make sure the two ends are in line when you tighten it as although its strong stainless steel, small threads like these are easily stripped.
on 19 February 2014
Strong and flexible alternative to Traditional Split-Rings.,
Delivery direct from China took approx. 10 Working Days from ordering. All 20 Wire Keychains I received appear to be properly threaded as received. The possible issue of the threads becoming unscrewed over time? may be prevented by the use of LocTite on the threads or similar product after initial tightening.?
on 30 May 2014
I have found it accidentally not looking for it.
And this is what I needed to replace too small key rings.
Great simple design with screw on part.

Just be careful with broken/loose sticking out wires- it is seriously sharp [mind that all mine are in perfect condition]
on 1 February 2014
Seem to be well made at a good price , simply but adequately packed. I've used a few for keeping my spare keys all together. Very easy to use. On opening the pack a few were bent, but this was easily remedied by just bending back. So they are quite easy to manipulate. I'd recommend them for a multitude of uses.