on 7 July 2014
I have been a long time android and was looking for a tablet which supported a digitizer, i was originally looking at the android Samsung which has this feature but it was lacking some functionality which the Asus had, I have to say this is one of my better purchases the digitizer work super and combined with One Note (include) this enhances the tablet no end recognizing my hand writing and turning it into text flawlessly.
I assumed the battery life would not be great ( being windows) however i was more than presently surprised and it last up to 8 hour of use slightly less if using a power hungry game.
one down side is its slightly heaver than my nexus 7, you don't notice this straight away but do feel the strain after holding it for 2 hours + ( i would recommend getting case with a stand and a blue tooth keyboard as this then turns it in to a full PC with long battery life)
the downside is this does not have any usb port apart from a micro usb ( you can get the OTG cable if you need to attached usb devices which works well) I am currently using this with a 64GB microsd and it has more than enough storage for my needs.
on 26 June 2014
I have had this tablet for two months now and have used it daily for work. It is perfect for what I need. There was no problem with the bundled MS office home edition, just needed kicking off and entry of the product key (which was in the box). Onenote is great - I am a big fan of taking handwritten notes in meetings, and this tablet is the perfect size. The added bonus which I did not expect is the fact that it can stand in as an alternative to my laptop on trips. The one micro usb port may seem a limitation - but with a little investigation on the internet I found adapters to allow the tablet to share onto a larger screen or projector - and the MS office application mean a seamless experience with all my work documents, spreadsheets and powerpoints. And it is way lighter than a my laptop, even with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse thrown into my bag. The pen that slots into the device is usable - but I'll admit I use an old digitiser pen from a previous thinkpad wacom enabled tablet, and that works great. Battery life is around 7 hours when using it constantly, easily enough to get through a working day. There are lots of options for renting/buying films and tv for downtime on business trips, but if there's a downside then remember this is a windows 8.1 device... and that means less apps compared to apple or android equivalents. All in all a great device, I would not be without it, and would recommend it to anyone.
on 17 June 2014
I have been looking for a workable replacement to pen and paper for some considerable time. Starting back when the Apple Newton came out and up to the present day with an HP Revolve. None of the predecessors work sufficiently accurate and reliable.

Bought the Asus when demonstrated by a colleague. I bought the Wacom Bamboo C300 stylus to go with it. Combined you have a very accurate and natural writing feel. I make extensive use of OneNote as my digital workpad. Combined with the ASUS I now can write up meeting notes in freehand and if required, convert to type (via OneNote) for distribution. It allows me to record and manage my working life more accurately and at less cost in time. Because everything is now fully digital, the same information is available on my laptop and phone.

Performance is perfectly acceptable for normal use i.e. OneNote, PowerPoint, email, Lync, Skype, Music and occasional video e.g. iPlayer. The screen is a generous 8 inches which strikes a balance between being large enough for legibility, but keeping the device small enough to carry around in hand.

This is a full 8.1 windows device which means that I can plug it into my laptop's USB docking station and light up the two 24 inch monitors, audio, network etc with no issues at all. Bought the Actiontec Miracast box so can use Wireless display for projection in workshops etc.

Battery life is very good. Easily supports a full working day. Commonly I'll switch to airplane mode if not connected and that extends the battery life even further. For international flights to the States this device works all the way and into the next working day.

I use it as a companion device. My main work is done on my laptop but meetings, notes etc are done on the ASUS. I could travel with just the ASUS but haven't done so much yet. The reason being that substantial document work is going to require a larger screen and fullsize keyboard, hence tend to take my laptop as well.

Bought the 64 SD card and store all music etc on that. All my work is stored in the cloud and replicated to the ASUS and my laptop so have no issues over storage space.

As a work companion, coupled with OneNote, this is hard to beat. It has good performance, a very useable screen and excellent handwriting capture. Coupled with full blown Windows 8.1 it means I can use normal peripherals and software.

I have demonstrated the device to several colleagues and ASUS owes me at least 4 sales. This device easily sells itself particularly if you travel and require mobility.