- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Vivitar Flashgun 285
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful automatic exposure range to 70 ft
- Guide Number: 120 (ISO100/ft.)
- Control flash distance range and depth of field with four auto f/stop settings
- Auto Thyristor circuitry for more flashes and faster recycle time
- Vertical bounce flash for softer, professional quality lighting
- Built-in variable power for convenient fill flash and rapid sequence photography
- Removable sensor for off-camera automatic flash with optional cord
Customers also shopped for
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
This Vivitar 285 flash unit is very powerful and versatile, and can be used with many cameras with a standard hot shoe. It's ideal for most 35mm and medium format models, and some digital cameras. Some of these flashes have a high trigger voltage (over 100v), while others are low voltage (around 6v) which should be suitable for most film and digital models.
The flash head can tilt up to 90 degrees vertically for bounce flash. Zoom flash head adjusts for wide angle (35mm), normal (50mm) and tele (105mm and longer) lenses. This is a very powerful flash unit, with a guide number of 43 (meters) and 140 (feet) with ISO 100 film at the telephoto setting.
Auto or manual exposure control, with four conventional auto ranges. Thyristor circuitry for reduced recycling times (or to keep up with auto winders) and more flashes per set of batteries at close distances. Four Vari-Power manual settings, for full, 1/2, 1/4 or 1/16 power.
Comprehensive control panel with light, ready light, test button and auto check light confirms correct exposure. Auto power saving system shuts down if the flash isn't used, to save battery power. Power is supplied by 4x standard AA batteries, which are inexpensive and easily obtainable. The flash has a standard hot shoe fitting, with locking mechanism to prevent it being dislodged accidentally. It measures around 135mm tall on the camera, and weighs a solid 430g without batteries.
A classic flash unit!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.