Customer reviews

on 12 September 2003
This book (pamphlet) is the second chapter of 'The visual display of quantitative information', which consists of two case studies. One is a cholera epidemic in London, and the other is the shuttle explosion from a few years back. The book says that it is made for university courses (i.e. you should only get it if your lecturer asks you to). I think the review that gave this 5 stars is talking about the complete book, not this pamphlet.
on 20 June 2014
This is a pamphlet only. I like the examples from Tufte, but you can pick better ones up on the web. So, content and presentation good, but disappointed with the item as too short.
on 11 June 2010
An excellent presentation on the importance of getting Statistics right, clear analysis and the consequences of poor analysis and the wrong factors governing descisions.
on 29 September 2002
Read this if you are interested in Statistics at University.
This book is brilliant! As a Student studying statistics at University, my lecturer told me about this book and I was taken away by it when I saw it, we all know the best way to demonstrate Stats is visually so we can compare and anaylsis the data and this book basically shows how this can be achieved. Its pictures are superb, colorful and I have used this to gain great knowledge of how stats work and will help me get a great result. Its a must get!!!