- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Visual and Statistical Thinking: Displays of Evidence for Making Decisions Paperback – 30 Nov 1997
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
This book is brilliant! As a Student studying statistics at University, my lecturer told me about this book and I was taken away by it when I saw it, we all know the best way to demonstrate Stats is visually so we can compare and anaylsis the data and this book basically shows how this can be achieved. Its pictures are superb, colorful and I have used this to gain great knowledge of how stats work and will help me get a great result. Its a must get!!!
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Production values are unusually high (which we'd expect from Tufte) with heavy paper, well printed, excellent illustration and color pictures. The pages are large 8.5"x11". The only thing I'm concerned about is the durability of the cover pages (paper back).
Two really good eamples, one good/one bad, of the use of charts.
Low price, 5 stars.
Tufte describes visual plots of statistical evidence in two cases: Its success in diagnosing the cause of a London cholera epidemic, and the failure of a small group of engineers to convince their superiors to halt the disastrous launch of the Challenger in 1986. Together, these examples provide a guide and an inspiration to anyone putting together charts and graphs with a purpose.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Calculus & Mathematical Analysis
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Statistics & Research