Customer reviews

Colour: Glossy White / Stainless Steel|Change

on 21 February 2012
This TV/DVD has surpassed our expectations - good picture, reasonable sound and has extra facilities that more expensive equipment does not necessarily possess. We'd recommend this product.
on 28 August 2016
Expensive but good
on 6 March 2016
Arrived as promised and in good condition. Well packed and fulfilled all expectations. No trouble to set up, once I got the hang of it. Good picture definition.Would reccommend it.
on 25 May 2011
This little TV looks the business in my new Kitchen and has just about every function that I could wish for.
on 8 November 2011
Just what we were looking for, for the kitchen. Easy to fit using template, great TV picture, brilliant viewing angle. Only one small thing - speakers sound a bit tinny. Other than that perfect!
on 29 March 2012
A few weeks ago I bought a visual video sender which I was very happy with (see my other reviews) and so when I was searching form a special mother's day gift for my TV addicted Mum, I went ahead and purchased this one with some confidence.

First thing to say is that it looks fantastic in a contemporary kitchen with a lovely glossy black finish and a stainless steel front which matches other appliances. It does everything you can ask of it; TV / DVD / CD Player / Radio / Clock and the picture quality is excellent although I was a little disappointed with the sound - which lacks bass.

I also had the honour of installing it. Whilst this was easy using the template provided, it's worth mentioning a couple of things that were not obvious from the description; It is fixed by drilling through the bottom of your Kitchen cabinets and screwing into the TV from above which is easy enough but leaves the screw heads visible within the cupboard (I countersunk them which mostly hid them).

Also, and perhaps more importantly, the TV is 270mm deep which left me only 30mm to behind the unit. Its therefore difficult to gain access to the aerial point and power and other inputs after installation and almost impossible to plug in a scart cable. I recommend that you think about this before installation rather than afterwards.

Overall, Mum's really happy and when Mums happy, I'm happy.

4 stars.
on 16 November 2011
Firstly I like the product and all its features but the instruction manual is really poor. Tuning the FM is awkward and to lock stations on is trial and error until you get the hang of the remote. The DVD cannot be inserted UNTIL you select DVD from the source menu. 2 USB but one is read only. EPG layout is illogical and confusing until the 'penny drops' and you realise how it is displayed. With a good manual it would have got 5 stars but with this manual its only 3. A good product let down by paperwork. Non technical people will give up and return as faulty. It has a lot of features which need to be explained fully, also what bit we have in the manual suffers from poor translation from original language. GOOD IF YOUR TECHNICALLY MINDED and can work it out yourself.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2017
Bought one of these a few years ago and it has been good for basic tv, but now the on/off switch has gone, so I have to replace the whole unit, even though the actual tv would work, if only I could switch it on! I would have expected it to last longer.
on 14 September 2011
Bought this year for our new Motorhome and it has to be the best purchase we've ever made for both quality and value. As well as a High Definition TV picture with loads and loads of Freeview channels, we're able to watch our favourite movies on DVD, play Music CD's and we can tune in the multi-channel radio wherever we are. Also if you attach one of those very simple Memory Sticks you can record, pause and rewind live TV when you wish.
A really major advantage of this TV as far as the Motorhome is concerned is that it will fix rigidly under a shelf or cabinet and will fold away - it takes up no space and is safe when driving. Plus you can rotate it almost a full circle which is very useful as we tend to sit in several different places in the vehicle dependent on what we're doing. Great product.
33 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014
This is the second one I have ordered. The first one the volume down on the unit did not work. Therefore returned. The second the volume controls worked OK but the DVD eject did not work so it has retained my DVD!!!!!. This to will have to be returned. I am now weighting up if I want to try a third. The quality control on these device is very poor. Shame as the overall device is very good.

Update:- I have found the problem with the DVD eject was the DVD is ejected but would catch on the exit slot. This stopped the DVD in its tracks. I have corrected this fault now but this really should have been picked up during any checks. Anyway the device is now fitted and working well. Hopefully no further problems will be encountered during use. Therefore I have updated my star rating to four stars.