on 25 July 2017
good
on 22 April 2017
This is a very helpful book. A great deal of research is explained here.
on 22 June 2014
Visible Learning and the Science of How We Learn (2014), John Hattie and Gregory Yates (Corwin)

John Hattie holds the high ground in influencing teaching in many countries. Originally his meta-analyses smashed long held beliefs about effective teaching. Visible Learning became a best seller and it was quoted in ferocious debates about what worked best in students’ learning.
This latest book, written with Gregory Yates and now published by Corwin, provides even more direction to embattled teachers.

For me, Chapter 27, “Neuroscience of the Smile”, is the starting point for all good teaching because of the importance of establishing relationships between teacher and student. There is so much common sense packed into this chapter, it should be compulsory reading for all teachers.

And, I love that word “automaticity”.
This well written book is an easy read and it avoids the repellent genre of academic writing. Definitely a 6 out of 5 stars!
on 7 July 2014
After reading it three times now I'm still trying to get my head around the opportunities for developing teaching and learning within it. Like with his other tomes, this is a must-read and is really informing my practice.
on 13 November 2013
This is the Hattie book we have all been waiting for. This provides the way to turn it into a teaching and learning process.
on 7 December 2013
A wealth of useful research for teachers, school leaders and everyone in education. Buy this and Hattie's other books.

Recommended.
on 17 May 2014
Just read American 'Mindset' academic text which was a joy to read. Then was recommended John Hattie. His theories may be great but I will never know unless someone I meet tells me as this text is dry and I could not read it. Might be me and my fixed mindset as I gave up!
on 2 March 2015
What a fantastic and thorough resource for teachers to better their practice!!! Great for self- study as well as to feed into your school's vision of teaching and learning.
on 27 December 2014
This book will make you justify - Why you do what you do.
on 28 November 2014
A very well written, thought provoking book.