Colour Name: Oil Brown|Change

on 30 April 2010
I bought this bag as a birthday gift for my fiance, who's a lecturer at the university here, and we couldn't be more pleased. The slightly distressed leather has gotten a rough, "I'm cool", look to it in the year that he's had it and the strap is comfortable. The bag has withstood regular use for the past year, lugging papers and books back and forth, and he's gotten loads of compliments. Recommend highly.
on 16 September 2010
it can put my macbook 17' in it,and it feels really very durable,
leather is of fantastic quality and you can defo tell the quality and i would have no problem recommending the product.
on 13 September 2011
I must explain. The bag itself is fine, the leather is of good quality. What frustrates me is the quality of dyeing! It's impossible to carry it on my shoulder, the bag transfers it's color to my light clothes. In fact it has ruined a pair of pretty nice pants, the dry cleaning didn't help. May be someone has a solution for my problem?
55 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2013
Hi.

The bag looks and feels of Good Quality but the Leather is very Thin. On the bag I have got the leather has worn away on the curved corners.
One side is so bad on one curved edge some plastic tubeing has now come through and is sticking out of the leather.
I would not have expected this from a bag of this price.
on 13 March 2010
I'm very happy with the bag, though in some lights it looks more slate-grey than brown. Still very happy with it though.
on 21 February 2013
. .en route to his office in the Amazon. Great distressed leather, big enough to take an A4 lever-arch file. It may well smudge dye onto pale clothes, but who wears pale clothes to work, apart from medical consultants and Egyptian mummies? On my daily commute to Hull, it informs my fellow travellers that I must be 'something big in the city', rather than a trawler-skipper returning to sea. Even takes my packed lunch and collection of Practical Haddock magazines.
on 26 November 2010
This bag is fantastic leather with quality fastenings and is packaged really well. Looks very expensive and it's a good size. Highly recommended.
on 26 August 2011
I've been wanting a leather messenger style bag for some time now. I have a Tumi leather bag that I bought several years ago but I find it too bulky and too heavy these days. The Tumi was £350 12 years ago. I looked at some other bags, going up to £500 and just didn't think they represented money for value. I was amazed when I saw the price of this bag and opted for it based on the price, the look of it and the good reviews. I thought that at this price, I wasn't going to lose too much if it was poor quality or I didn't like it. I'm happy to say that I am extremely pleased with this bag. The quality at this price is very impressive. It's made from quality leather that is beautifully stitched and fitted with high quality brass fittings. It has just enough compartments to allow you to pack a small laptop, writing pad and other essentials into a medium sized, reasonably lightweight bag. Unbeknownst to me, a colleague at work has had the same bag for a while and I was happy to see that it ages very nicely.
If you're not bothered about the cachet of an upmarket brand, then this is a really good bag for the price.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 December 2014
I am absolutely delighted with this item. The bag as so many others have said is incredible quality for such a great price. This is on a par with one for 3 times the price from a designer Brand.

The Briefcase includes a smaller internal section which perfectly fits a 15" laptop with room to spare. Just to clarify, several previous reviewers claimed that a 15" laptop fits "at a squeeze." This is absolutely not the case, it fits perfectly!

I have some reservation over the durability of the buckles on the front that fasten the bag closed. Hopefully in months /years to come it wont be an issue but i suspect they are the only potential iussue with the bag.

For the price you absolutely cannot go wrong, highly recommended.
on 13 February 2010
I was a little apprehensive as this hadn't yet been reviewed. Wanted a nice quality rustic bag without it costing the earth.
This seemed like a good option. I struggled to find anything that looked as good for a similar cost.
It was a little smaller than I expected, but in a good way.
Seems well built with good quality materials. Closures were a little fiddly to start with, bu loosen up with use.
There's plenty of storage including a pouch if you want to keep your phone in it.
I'm sure it could be used as a laptop bag if desired.
Overall it suits my need for fairly light use. It may do for heavy use, but I haven't tried.