Customer reviews

on 11 September 2013
I have just finished reading this trilogy and loved it! Each of the books is currently £1.35, although i did get them for free. Both the first and second work as an individual story whilst the third is essentially the conclusion of the theme. For those that like the stories edit perfect there are a few typos but nothing that I would consider off putting. I often find that the technothriller genre can be complex and baffling resulting in the reader having to keep going backwards to check details before moving forwards, however with this story the I think the romantic elements keep the story simple and easy to follow. The romance and associated emotions is an integral part of the story, but is in keeping with the overall story. There is a few naughty words and a few sexual scenes (not overly explicit) but I would happily recommend this book as suitable to everyone from YA upwards looking for a quick, satisfying read. My only negative thought is it left me thinking what if????
on 22 March 2013
Loved the first book, I found the second a bit slower paced, not so convincing somehow. I have bought the third book but decided to read this later, so it will be good to come back to it. The first book is a great read, very unique plot, some well defined characters and definitely worth buying.
on 17 April 2012
You won't want to put this down .. and you'll also buy the remaining books in the trilogy .. and the next novel. Pass this name along!
on 13 March 2011
A friend gave me their copy of this book and I can't wait to get the next two in the trilogy. A Matter of Time (Virtual Trilogy) and Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (Virtual Trilogy). I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It reminds me a bit of Michael Crichton (like timeline) and also Ken Follett (like whiteout). The characters are all well introduced and the story line makes you want to keep reading. It appears a bit of a corporate thriller to start with but then various story lines of revenge and love lead to a significant twist that both thriller and sci-fi fans will love. Definitely going to get the others as soon as I can.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 December 1998
A story of love, adventure and mystical forces, Virtually Maria brings the reader easily into a world of emerging technologies and quantum physics. This credible blend of high-tech science and cosmic forces form the lattice of an action packed story of romance, virtual reality computing, corporate espionage and deadly assassins. All of which lead up to a plausible, novel and exciting explanation for the Egyptian Pyramids. Written in an easy and visual style, this book entertains - definitely 'movie' material.
on 18 August 2008
I came across this book in a second-hand book shop a few years back. I found the theme of AI, Mythology, Ireland and martial arts compelling. The characters have depth and flaws and the plot moves along at a gripping pace - so much so I read the book in one sitting. Afterwards I went out and bought copies for friends and family; My father (God rest his soul), never a Sci-Fi fan really enjoyed the series - its just a pity he never lived long enough to read the last in the series.

A really enjoyable book which I keep re-reading
on 1 February 2000
This book's got hi-tech gizmos, time travel, AI, organic computers, martial arts, romance, intrigue, New Age, industrial espionage, pyramid discoveries, and I'm trying to find a copy of the next book in the series.
on 11 November 1998
A billionaire (Theo Gilkrensky) watches his wife die horribly and hides himself away from the world until one of his computer-piloted aircraft mysteriously crashes into the sands outside Cario. When Theo arrives to investigate, his bodyguard detail have their hands full as plots to kill the billionaire grow like weeds around them. Then the air-crash is linked to the mystical forces of the Great Pyramids...
Joyce's first novel is ambitious and full of interesting ideas. No surprising plot twists or un-expected double crosses, but there is a determined attempt to compensate with some smooth set-pieces, the best of which is a multi-helicopter air-battle/dual over the River Nile.
The perfect, sandy holiday read
2 people found this helpful
on 19 February 2007
This and its follow up "A matter of time" have left me in such suspence that 4 years later I am still waiting for the third book. I have looked every where over the years even contacting poolbeg but to no avail some say it was never published. If Mr John Joyce ever reads this please advise you have left a normally sane person completely insane. Cork fan
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 19 July 2016
Exciting story, you'll definitely enjoy it!