on 2 February 2013
Having purchased this book as a result of the very good reviews listed. I was astounded that re-visiting the book to add a review to find a "barrage of bad reviews that had suddenly!!" appeared, and having reviewed these 1 star's reviewers previous reviews and their own "wish lists" maybe this new BESTSELLER Author has ruffled feathers!

Personally from the second I opened the book I was well and truly hooked, I couldn't put it down. Frighteningly realistic story line and perfectly written to keep you on the edge.

His description of events and especially the characters placed me right in the action with this Viper Squad.

This is definitely a different style of book than you would normally expect for a Special Forces, Special Operations action genre novel.

It is well written with the extra special satellite imagery of Vipers target areas and weaponry, A nice touch and it really makes you believe this fiction adventure.

Lots of good action and not too over the top, with the gore.

The author knows where to stop without pushing it over the edge, letting the reader draw their own conclusions.

I wanted the story to go on and on and on; if you read it you will see exactly what I mean, and I think that's a good thing for a new author to achieve, especially into days book market.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Credit and constructive criticism is always needed and respected by any writer. I look forward to his next book and judging by this first one and the other 5 star reviews he has already acclaimed, I am sure it will again be a first class read.
on 16 April 2013
I was recommended to buy this book, read it in 7 hours straight. OMG! Brilliant is all I can say.
Much better than the usual `Black ops' on the market. It is a Dynamic story, full of action, special op's insight and so believable! Odd typo errors but can live with that; as it is the authors first book and self-published.
The story is real, the plot is real, and the characters are real; in my mind anyway!
I Love this Viper Squad, British Secret Service at its very best. That is how good this book is! Cannot wait for book 2, I want more!!!! When David Baker?
on 19 July 2013
I personally thought this book was excellent and so did my son in-law who reads a lot of this genre. I found the way this author has structured the book was totally different and it worked. I was getting bored with the usual shoot them to bits and let's be as graphic as possible.

The story flowed and the twists and turns to the plot made it worth reading as you never expected it. This was well thought out, kept the reader on the edge and I found it easy reading without too many military terms.

If there was a piece of equipment it was described enough so the reader knew what it was and what to expect, without all the usual repetitive and boring details or references.

Loved this Viper team, and enjoyed their characters and I can see that the (Author) has a lot of stories to tell and will no doubt add to the series. I have already downloaded his second book Viper 2 and we are looking forward to reading it.

To sum up, an exciting read, well put together and mixing the Special Forces with the Secret Service to produce a book that is well worth reading.

If this self-published author continues on this same vein he will undoubtedly become an international name, in this genre.
on 16 May 2017
I loved it.....action all the way! Just my kind of book and on the strength of that alone I've bought all the books in the series.

A cracking read....hurry up and write some more!
on 2 April 2017
Excellent looking forward to Viper2. Could not stop reading this even until 01.45. Really engrossing, fast action, clear descriptions diverse and surprising plot and counter plot".........wonderful.
on 15 March 2013
Viper by David Baker proves that authors should write about what they know best. This author clearly knows his stuff and has put it into an exciting and believable story. Waiting for the next one.
on 28 January 2013
A must read, I could not put it down! Had me gripped from start to finish with its intense plot, I'd definitely recommend reading this book, I can't wait for the next one!
on 29 December 2012
This book is an absolutely gripping read; This New Authors style of writing is totally unique and refreshing and the story line is brilliant. You don't come across a book like this everyday and I am fast running out of good quality Men's Action Adventure and Special Forces genre.
I am so looking forward to `Viper 2 The Master of Tomorrows Spawn'.
I hope it is released soon!
A definite must to read; and I don't review often but this definitely deserved it.
I have to agree with other reviews of this book, would make an excellent film but the book would still be better as always.
on 14 November 2013
This book is an absolutely gripping read; This New British Authors style of writing is totally unique, refreshing, humorous, and the story line is brilliant.

This is the British Secret Service at its best; it is more like an advanced James Bond, but a full Squad of them!

I generally like reading Vince Flynn and Brad Thor books and have not found many books to match these Bestsellers.

This one did and it had excellent reviews on amazon.co.uk for a new author.

It was exciting, great characters, and was an addictive read.

David Baker for a new Author, has some fantastic and believable inventive ideas, including the Vipers body technology. But I won't ruin it for other readers.

Loved the story line, great twist and turns and plenty of stylish action.

Priced well and excellent value for money. Looking forward to his next book.

A definite must to read; it is totally deserved of a five star rating and this was for me a first class read...... Good job.
on 31 December 2012
Excellent enjoyed every chapter from beginning to end .Will be reading other books by this author would recommend to anyone thinking of trying his books