- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Violence: Six sideways reflections (Big Ideas) Paperback – 1 Jan. 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- Publisher : Profile Books; Main edition (1 Jan. 2009)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1846680271
- ISBN-13 : 978-1846680274
- Dimensions : 12.9 x 1.3 x 19.8 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 30,978 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
Zizek is ... the most formidably brilliant exponent of psychoanalysis, indeed of cultural theory in general, to have emerged in Europe for some decades -- Terry Eagleton
An essay by the "Elvis of cultural theory" is wisely chosen to launch a handsome new series on "Big Ideas". Violence is nothing if not an exciting read; provocative ideas abound on every page. -- Mark Vernon ― The Philosophy Magazine Published On: 2008-03-01
writes with an engaging eloquence that is appealing to the reader, despite the highbrow nature of the work...Zizek displays an originality here which shows why he is one of the more respected philosophers in the western world. A worthwhile and thought-provoking read. ― Sunday Business Post Published On: 2009-01-04
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you are a Zizek fan, this is too exciting a book to not have in your collection. If you are new to Zizek, this is a wonderful place to start. If you are not a fan of Zizek, you are missing out on some wonderful platforms for debate and philosophizing. This book is such a platform, and I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject matter.