Customer reviews

Colour: Natural|Change

on 14 February 2014
Great little Uke, small compact with a nice tone of wood, great sounding, easy to tune, and the strings don't sound too bad, nice design, all in all its a pretty good instrument, comes in a box with some instructions and a few chords for you to bust with.

I have been a guitarist for 9 years, its my first time playing and enjoying the UKE world LOVING IT.

If you think this is Crap due to the LOW PRICE, think again its a good Uke for the money......

5*****

Fast Postage, Great Product, Top Seller...

MANY THANKS
on 10 April 2017
This was my first uke and for the price was very happy as an entry level instrument. Still use it for practice
on 29 June 2014
Very light and feels quite cheap, but other than that it's okay. Not amazing! However it does look nice in my room!
on 9 January 2011
Very pleased with this product, comes in a cute box to store it in and another box with plenty of soft materials to make sure it doesn't get damaged. Also comes with a plectrum. Came faster than expected. Overall, happy.
I ordered one of these from Amazon. It looks fine and produces a pleasant sound. The strings will stretch and it will need retuning until they settle down. I think that for the price it was a good buy. I bought this book to go with it: The Ukulele Playlist: The Blue Book.
on 15 November 2012
I bought this use for my grandson who over the moon with it. Very good quality and good looks, he wouldn't put it down for a week. It's probably under his bed now. Still wasn't expensive and I was the best granddad in the world for a week
on 2 February 2011
Having read someone received a plastic one, I ordered from Amazon and not a marketplace merchant. The product I got was as described and was made of wood. It appears to be good value for the money and my daughter is having lots of fun with it, using youtube for tuning and tips.
on 12 January 2014
I purchased this via my Amazon phone App on the 2nd Jan
Arrived slower than expected so not impressed with Amazons change to their postal arrangements.. However - that aside
My Amazon App indicated in the description that this was a VUK20 ukulele which came with a gig bag, pick & pitch pipes
What arrived was a VUK15 Ukulele in a box (a pretty box mind you).
The strings were in a different order to that indicated on the leaflet supplied (one would naturally assume thickest to thinnest) - however on checking various sites I realised that some 'soprano' Ukuleles are strung with the first string as a high g then low C (then E then A)- Beginners mistake so one worth noting if you (like me) are new to the instrument - there are sites out there with tutorials etc..
Yes the strings are nylon so will stretch and go out of tune quick so as others have mentioned you may want to consider purchasing new strings but try it out first...
For me I'm sending the one I got back as it didn't come with what I believe it should have. (and I'll need those pitch pipes!) On reviewing the exact same item on my laptop the descriptions are nothing the same (as in product description / details) other than the word Ukulele!
Disappointing and something to be aware of if purchasing specific things like this via a phone related App there are discrepancies with descriptions & I've fallen foul before, only then I thought I'd made the mistake... Quite clearly this time it's Amazon.
3 stars as in fairness I've not had the actual opportunity to put myself .. I mean the Ukulele.. through it's paces. But super disappointed with Amazon on this one for apparent discrepancies in description.
on 4 November 2011
I've had mine for the best part of a year and this was the first of half a dozen and counting.

Now the strings have settled down it stays in tune at least as well as all my others.

When its delivered, as with all my other ukes, its not pre-tuned and needs a considerable amount of tightening. I used a free online tuning app to help me make sure I was in the right octave and from then on a clip on tuner.

Again as with all my ukes, initially it needs very regular tuning until the strings settle down.

Its not without its downsides. It can be quite tricky to get some of the chords and it definitely helped me to also have a more expensive uke to practise on, and I also find the concert size preferable, but then you would be paying quite a bit more so like most things, the best choice for you will depend on your budget.

I'm still very happy with this uke even though its the least expensive of my collection. I still use the strings it came with but really should fit it with Aquilla strings which I think will make it even better.

By the way, mine is a very nice looking all wood uke.
on 21 August 2014
I am writing this review around 18 months after purchasing this item. This was my first ukulele and is responsible for getting me hooked on ukes. I now have a number of ukuleles of varying quality and cost, this is the cheapest ukulele I own and yet it has become a benchmark. It is of cheap laminate construction but is sturdy and has a great tone. It came with cheap poor quality strings which I replaced with Aquila strings. This transformed the ukulele which now sounds amazing considering how cheap it was and the materials it is made from. Although the fretboard is made of cheap plywood which is not the most attractive of materials the frets themselves are perfectly placed and intonation is superb. The open-geared tuners hold the tuning perfectly for months on end (once the strings have been sufficiently stretched and have settled down) and are smooth and accurate.

In summary, a cheap and cheerful little ukulele that does the job and surprisingly good for the price.