on 25 February 2016
I work from home and wanted something to make 'real' coffee in. I have a coffee machine but there's all the messing about with filters, plus cleaning fiddly bits which I can do without. I also have a cafetiere, less cleaning but by the time I've drunk my first cup of coffee the rest is cold.

So I looked at alternatives and saw this coffee pot. I thoroughly read the reviews of others (many thanks to those reviewers) and settled on this pot since it had a good volume as well as good reviews.

My initial concern was with the need to filter the coffee but I simply haven't had much of a problem with that. Once I've left the pot to brew for a while (and stirred a couple of times) the grounds seem to have mostly sunk to the bottom. Towards the end I tend to use an old tea strainer I found lying about, but mostly I just pour straight from the pot.

Keeping warm has been easy. I have a ceramic hob which I set to just above the lowest setting and that keeps the coffee perfectly without boiling it.

Obviously how much coffee you use is a matter of personal taste. I like to taste the coffee so like it reasonably strong, and have found that 6 scoops (I've got an old scoop which claims to be for '2 cups') per 1.5 litres hot water works well.

So I can now work all morning with plenty of coffee to keep me going. I do like this pot and it looks solid and a nice touch in the kitchen.
on 26 July 2013
This coffee pot is what it is meant to be - easy on the eye

With all these enamel pots I automatically give the handle a winding of string as protection against heat so I can't say how hot the handle gets - and that really is the only problem with this kind of pot. The only other problem with them sometimes, is that the plastic filter is too big to fit on top of the pot. This one is big AND doesn't taper towards the top so the filter sits easily on it

When I made coffee in it it stayed in the pot and didn't leak out which is as much as one can ask really

No hesitatyion in recommending this pot
on 22 November 2016
This vintage coffee pot is fantastic on my stove the only thing is it come all chipped around top on the side and its very noticeable but i always wanted one of these brews a lovely coffee to how you like it and coffee beans brewing makes the house smell so nice so i am going to live with it as it was the last cream one in stock
on 13 May 2017
I now have the set: coffee pot and two cups and a milk pan. Really is beautiful country cream colour. Quality is good and solid. Love it to the MAX!
on 11 April 2017
Love this pot but the lid came chipped in two places! Takes the good look off it but doesn't affect the coffee.
on 17 June 2015
the lid has no lip on it so the lid falls off .Not good when the pot is full of hot coffee and it leaks It looks good however I did not purchase this to look at !
on 28 September 2017
it is as described but very basic
on 11 March 2014
This coffee pot ticks all the boxes and it's only fault is that the handle gets too hot when left on the stove but apart from that it's a good buy, strong and practical.
on 19 July 2014
A lovely coffee pot. Yellower than the illustration.
on 28 June 2014
I expected this to have a removable basket in it to remove when the coffee has brewed, it doesn't . As it stands I have to make two lots in a large caffetiere and then transfer the brewed coffee into the pot to keep warm on the hob. All in all a bit of a faff.
For all that is is an attractive item with classic good looks and holds a lot of coffee.
It provides us with hot fresh coffee all day, be warned though, the handle gets exceedingly hot.