Viking Empires Hardcover – 5 May 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'… this bold new history of the Vikings.' Scotland on Sunday
'The evocative 'empires' of this book's title draws attention to the Scandinavians' exceptional range of operations and should raise interesting questions about the nature of political power in the Viking Age.' The Times Literary Supplement
'This is an important book and will force many to look again at their understanding of British and European history in this formative period.' Contemporary Review
'… a great deal of information … well worth the attention of readers …' The Mariner's Mirror
Viking Empires, first published in 2005, is a definitive history of the Viking World and the first study of the global implications of its expansion, integration, and reorientation. From the first contact in the 790s the book traces the political, military, social, cultural and religious history of the Viking Age from Iceland to Lithuania.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This is a great book! Wonderful information source and an excellent overview of the Viking migration period, written by folks who know and love the subject. The translation(s) into English are occasionally imperfect, but that is small criticism to an overall most excellent piece of work. If you have any interest in Vikings and their amazing impact on the western world, this book should definitely be on your shelf.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > The Plantaganets & Medieval England
- Books > History > Europe > Medieval
- Books > History > Europe > Scandinavia
- Books > History > Historical Study & Educational Resources > Study & Teaching
- Books > History > Social & Cultural
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > By Period > Celtic, Saxon, Viking & Nordic
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > By Region