on 3 May 2012
I have given this product a 4 star only because you need to allow a good afternoon to set it all up - however once you have set it up it works like a charm! I have just spent all afternoon setting up and converting my first VHS which was over an hour long. I had lunch and breaks during the process. The quality of the converted film was as good as I would expect (no Blueray) but good enough to save my films for many generations to come .....
For anyone who is not too hot with software installation the video instructions that come on the disk are great - I have seen many video instructions and this one beats some used in education sites. You do need to allow some time to sit and watch it (maybe a couple of times to be sure) then follow the tips and you will be well on the way to converting all your VHS to computer files or DVDs - If you are not sure if you will have the right cables or adapter they send you some in the pack, so it is good to go. I am really pleased and recommend this set if you want to turn your family VHS tapes or favourite vhs tapes to digital format for watching immediately on PC etc. (I did not get the other software mentioned on the instructional video but I do not need it right now?)
on 30 March 2013
I purchased the earlier model about 2 years ago and after trying it out I found that editing was a problem and it suffered many crashes. I have recently read reviews on this later model and leared from a response from Tim, to a reviewers ***star report, that
this later model is a big improvement to the earlier one. I must agree, I'm 79 years old an not the most experienced PC user and by following the detailed instructions, both written and on CD disc, I could copy video to the capture feature and practice editing, before saving the project and burning to disc. I soon got the hang of it and am now transfering my many old video's to disc.
on 20 March 2011
Works very well, but remember that with the superb dvds these days the quality will not be as good. Great for saving precious memories for a few more years though.
on 11 December 2010
Very easy to use. Instructions cover all the latest versions of windows. A bargain if you compare it to the costs of tape to dvd transfer companies.
on 12 August 2011
I think this product is excellent and had only one slight problem setting up the sound involving re-loading the audio driver with Windows 7 after which it was great.
Make sure you RTFM and save as DVD and not mpeg/avi. Otherwise you'll need a bigger drive!
AND it arrived the next day after ordering!
on 8 October 2013
Having read some comments on this item i was wary but took the plunge WOW! Its just what i was looking for.

Now its right to be wary of comments because you don't know who's making them.Is it a real member of the public etc

Now you can take this comment or leave it it's your choice.This product is fool proof and brilliant 10/10 no it's 11/10.

1st) I ordered it yesterday it come today! No, i didn't pay for next day delivery.
2nd)I was recording WITHIN!! 10 mins of setup.

Just plug in the leads to the scart,and plonk the scart in the back on the VCR,in my case VCR-DVD combo.Pop in the disk that comes with the product,a menu pops up.Load drivers.Reboot.return to menu,load capture software.Open capture software.play your VHS tape.Press the red button (capture) on the capture screen on your PC AND THATS IT! You will see your TV picture on your PC screen at the same time as playing on the TV within the capture box.Press record.

I use Windows 7 64 bit.

I didn't have to use any tutorial that comes with the disk.But they are available if you need them.
Every now and again a product comes along that is so good you can't do without it.5 plus years ago i purchased a video-sender and I couldn't do without it ever since.I already feel the same about this product.
on 4 January 2011
Excellent. The installation is easy due to the in depth instructions and, now that I have got the hang of the clipping business, ALL my videos are being turned
into DVDs
on 15 November 2014
This this video capture kit REALLY WORKS, BRILLIANT, AWESOME.

I used this to transfer video from my old Canon MV800 camcorder to a computer running Windows 7 - 64 Bit.

The kit`s instructions look rather complicated but if you install the drivers and software from the supplied DVD then watch the video tutorial, connecting the cables etc, it becomes almost Plug and Play.
on 20 October 2011
Not as easy to use as made out. Plenty of useful instructions but had difficuty installing the audio driver and keeping the right one loaded the next time the devise was used. However, apart from that the kit kit 'does what it says on the tin'. Good for basic transfer to DVD but editing software too complicated for a novice like me.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 February 2012
Simple, easy to use, not problems at all. Installed it on Windows XP and am now working through my entire video collection